PDA

View Full Version : fuel line problem for 40's

SRlew
09-07-06, 08:05 PM
right iv noticed that there are 2 fuel lines (i pressume) coming from under the car in to the bay. on the standard 1400 engine, one line went to the fuel pump and the other went to the carb its-self.

but now im fitting an engine with 40's, what do i do with the 2nd line?
one would got to the regulator and the to the pump and then the carbs. yes?

but what do i do with the other one? and whitch one? :thumb:

cheers, lew

Stuart
09-07-06, 08:26 PM
block off the tank return.

fir a regulator between the pump and the carbs. away you go :D

SRlew
09-07-06, 08:29 PM
so i take it the one that used to go to the carb, i block off?

and fit the regulator between the pump and carbs. sorted!
got a fillter king one, one with a filter in it, so am going to have to find somewhere to put it.

cheers buddy!

Stuart
09-07-06, 08:40 PM
erm only block off the return from the carb to the tank...

Mike
09-07-06, 09:15 PM
as Stu said, you only need to block the return, the brown pipe (thinest diameter) :thumb:

Then put the regulator somewhere in the fuel inlet, (obvioulsy between the tank and the carb), mount it where the inlet pipe comes to the top of the engine bay, and bracket it to the bulkhead (infront of battery in the bay area)

SRlew
10-07-06, 08:11 PM
right yer thats where im mounting it. so i bloke of the return and then just go put the regulator between the pump and carbs. some trickery in the fuel lines might be needed for this one then lol

got it worked out now, cheers stu and last of nova sr's :thumb:

last of th nova sr's... whats your name? i carnt be botherd to keep typing last of the nova sr's lol

Mike
10-07-06, 09:56 PM
last of th nova sr's... whats your name? i carnt be botherd to keep typing last of the nova sr's lol

Call me... erm.... Last of OR just Mike lol lol or the self confessed "jack of all trades" that i am! :thumb: lol

Your lucky im at the exact same stage with my engine being in/out a few days back so it fresh in my mind. Like the colours of the fuel pipes etc etc lol

SRlew
10-07-06, 10:01 PM
lol right mike yer im going to have to see what i done with all the bolts now aswell :roll: was in a bad mood when it got taken out cause of the damage to the rear arch etc.

how do you bloke off ther return then? bolt and a jublie clip or how ever there spelt:roll:

Mike
10-07-06, 10:11 PM
push about a M6 or M4 threaded bolt into the pipe as far as it'll go, then jubilee clip it up real tight. :thumb: looks neat'ish and'll stop a mega explosion lol lol

Well, in theory anyway??

Mint FRST
10-07-06, 10:13 PM
Bolt and jubilee clip are fine kidda! Remember to fit the regulator after your fuel pump but before the carbs if you catch my drift. Should be looking at setting it around 3psi.

Chris

Mike
10-07-06, 10:15 PM
Should be looking at setting it around 3psi.
Chris

Ditto, 2.8 to 3psi and you should be fine :thumb:

SRlew
10-07-06, 10:19 PM
cheers mike! jubilee clip it is

hello chris, well i got a filter king one, seen how to adjust it just now, but how will i know what psi it'll have? just going to get a fuel pressure gauge i recon.

Mike
10-07-06, 10:24 PM
you can get in line fuel pressure gauges for testing sh1t like this, not shore how much or where from thou. Sorry matey.

I'm off to bed anyways, let me know how get on though Lew.

Mike

SRlew
10-07-06, 10:37 PM
yer will do mate. hopefully be drivable on thursday!