PDA

View Full Version : AIRFLOW METER

Anonymous
31-01-01, 11:45 PM
I have been advised that a simple mod would be to modify my airflow meter. I dont really have much knowledge of eng's so... What do i have to do? Cheerz Peeps

Anonymous
01-02-01, 08:40 AM
I think you can alter the spring a few notches inside the meter to make the spring weaker thus letting more air in, I have never tried this its just what I have read, in addition I think you would have to increase the fuel pressure so it injects more fuel to go with the extra air? Try asking the same question on the DIY EFI home page,thats where i read about it, but don't expect to understand what the hell their talking about, I think they must all be rocket scientists.

Anonymous
01-02-01, 11:00 AM
Where`s this page? Deemon tweeks do a manual on tuning bosch fuel injected engines, may be worth a read?

Anonymous
01-02-01, 12:21 PM
Sorry my bookmark doesn't work anymore try this site though you may find somthing http://www.vectorbd.com/peugeot/bosch.html

Anonymous
01-02-01, 04:21 PM
the book from demon tweaks isnt that good. its only good if you a crypton machine and other such stuff. i'd advise tacking a degree in motorsport engineering :) thatll get you the knowlege!! :)

Anonymous
02-02-01, 12:07 AM
Just drill 12 30mm holes in the bottom of ur airbox. This gives 8% more power!!

Anonymous
02-02-01, 10:29 AM
Letting the spring tension off doesn`t let more air in, it makes very little difference to airflow, but it changes the signal going to the ECU. If you open up the airflow meter, it becomes evident that the flap does not open as far as it can do. Letting off the tension alow the flap to open a) quicker and b) further. This in turn tells your ECU to pick the fuel rate up more quickly, and give you more fuel at full throttle (very handy coz it stops you runnin lean). But be advised, if you get it wrong, and can`t remember the original position, you`ll have big problems. Only adjust it a couple of notches, and get your emissions checked. Its most beneficial to do this when you`ve already got some mods on your motor. You could also try finding an airflow meter from a bigger car, with the same airflow:signal ratio. This would have the larger diameter, and let more air in.

Anonymous
02-02-01, 04:07 PM
What it says in the bosch tunning book is " One way to reduce the restriction imposed by the airflowmeter flap is to reduce the spring tension on the flap. Remove the screw and lock plate from the geared spring holder and rotate the holder to reduce spring tension. Be aware, however, that this procedure may affect a car's air-fuel ratio, emissions and its street legal status" I presume from this like MC has explained it makes the mixture richer which is a good thing for power, especially if you have done other mods such as filter, exhaust ect.. and havn't yet fit an adjustable regulator to richen the mixture. One of the gimps on the EFI site quoted that altering it 2-3 notches altered the mixture by 2% how reliable this is I don't know?

Anonymous
02-02-01, 05:52 PM
just get the fecking ECU re mapped!!!

Anonymous
05-02-01, 01:07 PM
Missin the point mate! Airflow mod costs nothing, New chip costs dollars. Some people have a tight budget, so this would be a cheap way of sortin out flat spots caused by lean mixture after fittin a K&N.

Anonymous
05-02-01, 02:10 PM
Sounds good to me I'll give it a try once I get used to the car so I can tell if it makes a difference to performance.