PDA

View Full Version : bonnet pins

milfhunter
08-07-06, 11:15 AM
does any1 know how to fit them??

i have an idea but i thought id ask peeps on here before i go driling my bonnet!!

Cheers Doug

Nova_Houch7
08-07-06, 04:05 PM
tbh i dont like bonnet pins myself, i have them on my nova, its jus an excuse for chav T**Ts to open ya bonney n take stuff out, wanna re fit the catch on mine.

L

SRlew
08-07-06, 06:41 PM
yer im refitting my catch but leaving the pins aswell incase the catch fooks up again. espiecaly as im about to fit my new engine i wouldnt want to find out that my 40's have been robbed or somthing.

mine havew rusted, well the hope/handle has anyway, can you buy ones that are all alloy which wont rust?

Nova_Houch7
08-07-06, 07:34 PM
well mine havnt rusted at all.....how do u, refit the catch onto it then?

SRlew
08-07-06, 07:49 PM
which catch did you take off? the spring part on the bonnet?

Mike.
09-07-06, 01:12 PM
yer im refitting my catch but leaving the pins aswell incase the catch fooks up again. espiecaly as im about to fit my new engine i wouldnt want to find out that my 40's have been robbed or somthing.

mine havew rusted, well the hope/handle has anyway, can you buy ones that are all alloy which wont rust?

you can buy stainless steels bonnet pins from demon tweeks, they don't rust, well mine haven't and i've had them over 2 years

SRlew
10-07-06, 08:15 PM
right i'll be buying some of them! i just got mine from some shop round near me so probably sh**e.

and nova houch7 if it is the spring part on the bonnet you need to refit, then um not sure lol im going to have to figure that one out. was a pain to get it off!