PDA

View Full Version : newbie sayin hi

ajsvalver
07-07-06, 09:50 PM
firstly hello to all in this club, iam new to this site and have just purchased my third nova and this time its actually on the road, i am 28 and a technician by trade so comes in handy on my own cars when i can be bothered lol, i am planning in the next few months too totally turn my little novas powertrain to a red top which i have now nearly all the bits too do, so i am looking forward to the looks of disapointment just after the lights turn to green from the car at the side of me ,has anyone performing this mod had any nightmares regards ajsvalver :)

Geth
07-07-06, 10:05 PM
Welcome to NL

Good luck with the valver :thumb:

P.S. Can you please use a smaller font. It's making my eyes go funny :tard: lol

ajsvalver
07-07-06, 10:06 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b31/ajs5gt/0b_1_b.jpg

quick pic of how she looks now

Nova_Houch7
08-07-06, 12:58 AM
hey welcome

Good luck wit the conversion, im sure loadsa people will let you know wat problems they have had, and will help you all the way.

L

dannyb
08-07-06, 10:21 AM
Welcome to Novaload mate. There are many XE'd Nova owners here; any problems with your installation refer to the mechanical part of the forum and start your own thread. I'm sure the lad here can help, I've found this to be one of the better quality forums for straightforward, realistic advice from people who know what their talking about!

ajsvalver
08-07-06, 07:37 PM
thankyou peolple very pleasant bunch regards andy

Ste L
08-07-06, 07:45 PM
i've had no major problems with mine, been fine since i fitted it

easy conversion, and being a technician, you shouldn't have a problem

SRlew
08-07-06, 07:52 PM
hey welcome buddy. nice looking car. in blackpool hey, only up the road from me in sunny southport lol

is it a GSI? or replica

draper
09-07-06, 05:07 PM
welcoma matey, nica car

ajsvalver
09-07-06, 05:32 PM
it is a gsi bit rough at the moment, seems like however much you pay from the start they all have there glitches, with time she will be revived coming on slowly just got spax coil overs and the engine conversion kit inc strengthning kit, plan too take a week off and get stuck in but you know what happens lie ins etc lol

ajsvalver
09-07-06, 05:34 PM
mr stealth how did you go with your wiring loom? mine is out of a gsi cavalier but have yet to pull it all out yet

Dan
09-07-06, 05:34 PM
welcome to the site, as already said you will have hardly any problems with the conversion. Just remember to throw the front antiroll bar away and your onto a winner lol

novabex
09-07-06, 05:35 PM
Ello. Your not far from me.

Welcome to NL. :D

ajsvalver
09-07-06, 05:41 PM
i did get the anti roll bar blocks with the conversion kit, do they cause problems on ground clearance or is it still advisable to get rid ? thanks bex

Dan
09-07-06, 05:48 PM
vauxhall in their infinite wisdom made the worst possible arb setup possible as attaching it to the tie bars is bordering onto the realms of pointless. With standard suspension some people prefer to keep them insitu to minimalize the roll. When you start adding uprated suspension/coilovers with higher poundage spring rates and lower ride heights they become a hinderance and can make things worse rather than better.

Alot of us (most) dont run them anymore, i know i threw min in the bin years ago after back to back testing and will never entertain running one again :thumb:

ajsvalver
09-07-06, 05:50 PM
cool thanks for that info, i will see how things go and at least if problems arise i know i can remove it :)

Mike
09-07-06, 09:06 PM
Howdo and welcome, yeah as said thres loads of people on here who know just about everything there is to know about nova's so you'll be fine!

Just remember to throw the front antiroll bar away and your onto a winner lol

Dan, your onto a shore fire ARB debate again now lol lol

Mike

Dan
09-07-06, 09:47 PM
well as it was myself and cp that tested and used our findings to start the other one a few years back i just aswell still hold the same torch lol