PDA

View Full Version : Nova 20XE CV joint destruction

Rob77
07-07-06, 08:45 PM
I am running a standard XE with an LSD - running gsi shafts with nova outer CVJs and cavalier 1.6 inner CVJs.

The car is lowered so that the 16" Speedlines just catch the front arches (on coilovers so I can't be precise) (About 8" from bottom of visible sill to floor)

I have destroyed passenger inner CV at Pod, and the new one is about to go again... (I replaced both CVs about a month ago)

"A lad I know" reckons the car is too low, so is snapping CVs as they are at dodgy angles... (Obvoiously passenger shaft is shorter so is at a harsher angle)

Anybody else had any probs?

Reckon the larger shafts / hubs would make a difference?

Or making the car sit higher?

Rob.

-Bruce-
08-07-06, 09:51 AM
Are you buying pattern CV joints?? Dont think this would make that much difference but hey!

Why not just raise the car up about 10 - 20mm and see!!

Rob77
08-07-06, 03:16 PM
Heightened the car by 15mm today, and will be putting 2 new CVs on the passenger side asap...

Will see how we go!

Adam
08-07-06, 05:46 PM
I've never heard of it happening to anyone else, apart from i think Olly Hewitt at Donington a while ago.

fearless
08-07-06, 05:59 PM
Insufficent drive shaft plunge !!!! Place a 5mm spacer between the cv joint and the wheel bearing/hub - althought you will have to redrill the split pin hole on the joint as it will no longer be visible when the spacer is fitted !!!

Dave