PDA

View Full Version : **Warning**

BLueNOvaGSI
07-07-06, 04:57 PM
I received a phone call today from a company called 'Pro-Solutions' and they said as my car was up for sale that they could put my details forward to prospective buyers. So they promptly asked for my e mail address and my home address so they could send info but I was wary of who they were. I said that I'd never heard of them before and asked them for their web address. So when I typed in the address this is the message I received....

Virus Warnings

We have received reports of emails containing a virus sent from info@prosolutions.co.uk.

For the security of our visitors we do not send emails from this or or any other email addresses published on this website.

IF YOU ARE EVER UNSURE OF ANY CALLS LIKE THIS, NEVER EVER GIVE THEM ANY PERSONAL DETAILS.

Mike
07-07-06, 05:00 PM
if some joey called me up like that, id ask them for there address and forward onto my solictor in London so he can lay the smack down on there @ss for a sake of a ?25 letter :thumb:

dannyb
07-07-06, 05:06 PM
When I had the 7 series up for sale in the auto trader, I put my email address up and had plenty of people supposedly from abroad asking to buy my car, plus a sizeable amount in addition to ship it abroad for them. I gave one guy my address so he could supposedly come and see the car but all that arrived was a cheque from an Irish bank that looked very fake. Needless to say I didn't cash the cheque and did not hand over the V5. He wouldn't tell me his name, nor his address, he didn't call and would not say where the car was being exported to.
Read http://www.carcrimeawareness.co.uk/ before you sell you car on autotrader if you are selling is all I can say.

BLueNOvaGSI
07-07-06, 05:08 PM
Well said.............lol

I'd like to know where they get off with getting very VOCAL on the phone!!!!

I told them they could not have my e mail or home address and they passed me to there manager!!

TO***RS springs to mind lol lol

Mike
07-07-06, 05:12 PM
Well said.............lol

I'd like to know where they get off with getting very VOCAL on the phone!!!!

I told them they could not have my e mail or home address and they passed me to there manager!!

TO***RS springs to mind lol lol

Thats who you want to speak to though, ask him for the head office address and lay the smack down lol on them!

I did it to barclays :thumb: taught them a lesson bunch off @rses lol