PDA

View Full Version : Wider track and driveshafts.

Anonymous
16-05-01, 08:25 PM
If you fit the TAS track widening kit, you can then fit a 2.0 with standard length driveshafts, but I want to keep my 1.6 engine for the mo. What drivshafts can I fit that are 50mm longer each, and will fit into my gearbox and hubs without modification? Atra 1.4`s? Cheers for any help on this one!;)

Anonymous
17-05-01, 12:19 AM
corsa bottom wishbone arms are supposed to be longer if this helps in any way

also there steering rack is wider as well

its not what u asked for but it could be handy matey

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
17-05-01, 08:59 AM
It says in the catalogue to use Astra shafts, basically any astra that uses an f13 gearbox like yours will have. I would try an astra 1.6 as it will be the same engine and everything. Are you welding new turrets in the front? and fitting the longer track arms, I would be very intrested to hear how this mod goes, I fancy it myself.

"Theres something missing, I'm not all there, Theres something missing".

Anonymous
17-05-01, 09:50 AM
How much do the bits cost?

"Theres something missing, I'm not all there, Theres something missing".

Anonymous
17-05-01, 04:15 PM
I priced up the rear spacers and they cost ?46 for the pair. The kit contains the adjustable, longer tca`s and track rod end spacers, turret kit etc so it`s gonna be fookin expensive i think. I`ll ring `em tomorrow if I get time. The front ends gonna be stripped anyway due to inner wing probs so I think I`ll get all the bits togethter and do it in one go. I knew the corsas rack was wider but not by how much? (maybe a power steering mod is on the cards next year if I`m not totally bankrupt!) On a different note, I changed all my speaker wiring for competition stuff while the dash was off and the sound difference is amazing, I thought it wouldn`t make any difference but it has. :)

Anonymous
17-05-01, 08:47 PM
Hey Keith post up how much it costs 'coz I've got a TAS "confidential dealer price list" but it aint got any prices listed for that kit?? Bet it is very cheap:)

Anonymous
19-05-01, 05:52 PM
Haven`t rung `em but tried e-mailing `em with no response as yet. Have had a word with Andrew at CC Motorsport an he`s been waiting 3 months for a set! He says he may be able to get a local engineers to knock up a similar kit with no waiting time, so if I get a price off him I`ll post it up for you.

Anonymous
22-05-01, 10:48 PM
I wouldn't hold your breathe I emailed them over a month ago to no avail.

I wonder if there has only been a one off set made and they are just waiting to see how much interest etc there is. As it is the ONLY thing with no price in the cat!