PDA

View Full Version : GSI zorst on 1.2

Timmy
06-07-06, 10:26 PM
ok here the thing i have a 1.2 mk1 with GTE bumpers on her. looks good but my back box site at a funny ange and as its standerd dose not exit via the cut away in the bumper. i have a GSI manafold already and have been offerd the rest of a standerd system for cheap, will it fit on my 1.2 and dosae the back box exit the same as a GTE one,
if anyone can shead some light would be much happy
Thnax all
Timmy

Timmy
07-07-06, 03:36 PM
thanx for the help

Adam
07-07-06, 06:55 PM
I thought all standard systems exited straight?
GSI should do anyway, as its a mk2.
Think only early SR and GTE could have a angled exit.

Timmy
07-07-06, 08:00 PM
do you know this to be 100% ? here the problem GTe bumper and stanrd zorts, will GSI zort sort this problem ? i already have a manafold
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i196/Timmyj49gtr/DSCF0022.jpg

ste porter
08-07-06, 10:23 AM
ok proberly pointing out the obvious here but that aint standard mate

well that said for 1.2 novas it does apear that huge cans 4x4 suspension and 13 inch steels are becoming standard place round my way

dannyb
08-07-06, 10:35 AM
The GTE system will not offer a huge increase in power but wil fit as per normal. Dont worry if it doesn't exit via the cut away, I have recently fitted the cheapest pattern parts exhaust money can buy for my Nova runaround and had to remove the bumper, and take a jigsaw to the right hand side of the aperture, then tidied it up with some sandpaper.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i246/dannyblo/Novarearexhaust.jpg

It doesn't look too out of place, as long as you maintain the curve.

bigbened
08-07-06, 10:58 AM
hi danny b just wondering if you knew the paint colour of ur car as ive got the same paint

dannyb
08-07-06, 01:41 PM
Sorry mate, I don't know but I'll check out the spray cans down the shed if I still got them. Razorjack has an excellent Vaux/Opel colour chart in his sig, this will tell you how to decipher the numbers on the plate under the bonnet to get the paint code.