PDA

View Full Version : rear anti-roll bar - how to?

Stanley
06-07-06, 09:11 PM
i fitted a front anti-roll bar to my nova and it made quite a big difference to handling.

how would i go about fitting a rear ARB?

cheers all

Stuart
06-07-06, 09:32 PM
fit the rear, chuck ou the front ;)

the rear bolts into the part taht goes across the car. V easy to fit once youve remoevd it from another car

nva_sr
06-07-06, 10:48 PM
will it fauil the mot with out an front roll bar

dannyb
06-07-06, 10:53 PM
You have to remove both rear wheels, put the nova on axle stands (or 2 post lift if you got access to one) and slide the thing into the rear axle trailing arm. There is a hole at either end that you put a retaining bolt through to secure it. You should have a triangular bush to put in the centre, if you can find a second one chuck it on as well (i think its only supposed to have one, but i have two on mine). Front ARB is good if you have standard suspension, but chuck the front ARB if you have any form of suspension kit.

dannyb
06-07-06, 10:54 PM
will it fauil the mot with out an front roll bar

No, it'll be fine without one.

bigbened
07-07-06, 12:06 AM
cars dont need an anti roll bar to pass an mot because my old punto didnt have one front or rear and they pass mots just like many cars dont have them

Ash
07-07-06, 12:34 AM
where do you get rear arb? SR's? or gsi's or either? anyone got one lying about?

A

Stanley
07-07-06, 04:48 AM
where do you get rear arb? SR's? or gsi's or either? anyone got one lying about?

yeh i was under the impression it would be a custom made jobbie

what novas came with them standard

(frantically tries to remember what scrappy my SR is at)

Nova Full
07-07-06, 08:30 AM
I have a rear nova anti roll bar if any one wants one

?7.50 + Postage

Matt2107
07-07-06, 12:56 PM
What does leaving the front ARB do if you've got a sus kit then?

novamadman
07-07-06, 02:54 PM
gsi,gte,sri,sr's think some of the "fancy" 1200 models may have had them

they are a good job.

shane

novamadman
07-07-06, 02:57 PM
What does leaving the front ARB do if you've got a sus kit then?

same old debate - stu says dont use one ever!! i fitted one to the rally car and it made quite a difference.

the best thing to do is if you have one put it on, run the car for a while, then take it off and run the car again. and make up your own mind

group a novas were NOT homologated with a front anti roll bar, but in saying that they had the best of the best on them in terms of suspension and suspension components

shane

dannyb
07-07-06, 05:15 PM

A

As said, SR/SRi/GTE/GSi/TD have them. The GTE and GSi have a 20mm ARB as opposed to the others who only get an 18mm one. Don't pay any more than ?30 for front and rear ARBs with the standard bushes.

leebo
09-07-06, 11:51 PM
i have two at the house of both thickness and there both different lengths too. so assuming there both from a nova make sure your gettin the rite bar for your car

Mike
10-07-06, 12:03 PM
looks like ill be swapping the rear ARB from my SR onto the 1400 Spin when i get home then lol