PDA

View Full Version : Ideas and opinions

db_1.2
06-07-06, 07:06 PM
Ive recently started looking for a gsi kit for my nova, i have plans i wish to share but would like opinions to go with them so my ideas are:

~GSI kit
~Red/White (this is where i get stuck the most)
~Front splitter (which one?)
~Lower a further 20mm ( so onto 60mm)
~Its on 16 millie miglia's in gun metal grey unsure to change them or not
~Stripped interior with half chrome cage
~Wings will have some vents in unsure what yet
~Bonnet vent, either Astra gte or Izusi trooper

So i think thats about it, i would like a bit of guindence with this, and pictures would be very very helpful to make my mind up, so if you could give me a few opinions and thoughts, thank you for veiwing and dont be shy to get your gsi's out!!!:p

Jack
06-07-06, 07:45 PM
Red, obviously lol ;)

novamadman
06-07-06, 08:20 PM
Ive recently started looking for a gsi kit for my nova, i have plans i wish to share but would like opinions to go with them so my ideas are:

~GSI kit
~Red/White (this is where i get stuck the most)
~Front splitter (which one?)
~Lower a further 20mm ( so onto 60mm)
~Its on 16 millie miglia's in gun metal grey unsure to change them or not
~Stripped interior with half chrome cage
~Wings will have some vents in unsure what yet
~Bonnet vent, either Astra gte or Izusi trooper

So i think thats about it, i would like a bit of guindence with this, and pictures would be very very helpful to make my mind up, so if you could give me a few opinions and thoughts, thank you for veiwing and dont be shy to get your gsi's out!!!:p

what colour is the car

toledo

60mm will look well but will be really hard to sit in especilly the back

depends what colour the car is for the wheels

cool louvres

astra gte

any pics???? what engines in it??

shane

draper
06-07-06, 08:27 PM
red with metal grey wheels would look good

although white car and white wheels maybe ??

its hard work when you start thinking about isnt it !! think ive finally got my masterplan sorted now :wtf: keep changing my mind about little details tho (like wing vents)

philly
06-07-06, 08:32 PM
laguna splitter

why not do red and white? like a two tone like markymarks punto. see it in mags loads at cruises and on uksc

or red with white wheels

and why not leave 40mm on the forn and drop the rear 60?
dropping your fornt 60 and adding a splitter makes it very hard against speed bumps. trust me i have been through several bumpers on my first nova due to speed bumps my lovely speedy humps

draper
06-07-06, 08:34 PM
red with white wheels would work well aswell methinks

John
06-07-06, 08:36 PM
I think the vr6 type splitters work well on the gsi bumpers. i also reckon that the grey miglias against white paint would look awesome, perhaps contrasting the interior with red bits? eg antibes carpets/red heater knobs etc? and one of mr frances finest cages, they look good in any car, stripped or not!
Wing vents? perhaps merc sprinter items? a bit different from the usual?
(sorry computerphotophobia has bitten again, i don't know how to post pics yet!) hope this helps

draper
06-07-06, 08:49 PM
and one of mr frances finest cages

care to elaborate ? im after a cage, well will be soon

John
06-07-06, 10:37 PM
Mr fearless hand made alloy rear cage, may be worth a dropping fearless a pm? I don't know if he's still doing them though? Anyone?
I have one, including a rear alloy brace and the craftsmanship is stunning, It sets the car off a treat. The welds are superb, try checking on e-bay, not been one on for a while, last one made, i think, 270 quid. Expensive i know, but well worth it.

db_1.2
06-07-06, 10:56 PM
Thank you everyone for your replys, very useful:thumb:

Answers to as many questions as i can remember:

Car is white
Its a 1.2spi soon to be 1.6gsi
I have pics - too ashamed to put them up at the minute although interior is good Lol
Ive had white wheels on my car, looked shexy:p
I think i might manage to get over the bumps on 60mm just as its on 16's and its only a gsi bumper with splitter?

Also ill post about fearless and its upto him whether he would like to make me a cage or not:thumb:

Final choices (maybe!) :

White GSI front and back, with grey sides, black wheels, 60mm drop, basically the same as the one on ebay that reversed 120 into a lampost lol as im buying the majority of panels (thats survived) from him, shall post pics in a month or so, watch this space!

Thanks again all:thumb:

Welsh Dan
06-07-06, 11:17 PM
If you're spraying the bumpers, why aren't you spraying the skirts? If not white then black to go with the wheels?

bigbened
06-07-06, 11:45 PM
mate youll easily get over the bumps ive got mine lowerd 60mm n 14" lol n mine goes over just fine(ok ive got sh***y bumpers but thers loadsa room under my front end, the only time i hit bumps is when i had a mate in my car that weighs 28 stone and is 6 foot 7 and 2 mates in the back lol

db_1.2
07-07-06, 08:54 AM
mate youll easily get over the bumps ive got mine lowerd 60mm n 14" lol n mine goes over just fine(ok ive got sh***y bumpers but thers loadsa room under my front end, the only time i hit bumps is when i had a mate in my car that weighs 28 stone and is 6 foot 7 and 2 mates in the back lol

You must be havin a larf! i was on GTE's and 40mm when i first got it and i scrapped all the time! Lol

As for coler coding skirts and wot not, i really dont like white gsi side skirts it ruins the car i think, plus look at the crashed nova on ebay, on here its in a thread called aoooh or something, thats what im looking to achieve and i like it, i may do black bumpers as i also like that, i dunno ill have a look once i get it all here i guess

Novadave06
07-07-06, 11:53 AM
yeah *I 2nd* Phillly You Should Get A laguna splitter :)
There Sweet
Cheers, Dave

Novadave06
07-07-06, 12:03 PM
my Nova is on Gte Wheels .. Lowed 60mm all around with The Sr Bumper And laguna splitter and mine doesnt scrap one bit

Cheers, Dave

Matt2107
07-07-06, 12:34 PM
Bonnet vents - what about upside down astra gte vents set at a slight angle to pick up the cold air and guide it to your engine bay. Obviously they'd be fixed on from the bottom..... just an idea... probably a **** one.

Nova Full
07-07-06, 01:01 PM
Karl Rowntree was selling his fearless cage, not sure if he's sold it, think he wanted ?350

db_1.2
07-07-06, 05:14 PM
Im looking to buy some of craig greens panels of his nova gsi red shell but he takes ages to contact! Hopefully he'll sell to me

Mike
07-07-06, 05:20 PM
Bonnet vents - what about upside down astra gte vents set at a slight angle to pick up the cold air and guide it to your engine bay. Obviously they'd be fixed on from the bottom..... just an idea... probably a **** one.

Nah, Impreza STi (X reg) bonnet vents. Not the crappy run of the mill centre vent, these beasts :thumb:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Subaru-Impreza-Bonnet-Vents_W0QQitemZ250004703663QQihZ015QQcategoryZ1042 4QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

draper
07-07-06, 05:30 PM
Nah, Impreza STi (X reg) bonnet vents. Not the crappy run of the mill centre vent, these beasts :thumb:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Subaru-Impreza-Bonnet-Vents_W0QQitemZ250004703663QQihZ015QQcategoryZ1042 4QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

im liking them !!

karl Rowntree
09-07-06, 09:17 PM
Still have my cage for sale, its a fearless one as described and i believe there wont be anymore made though Dave may correct me.

I am after ?350 ono pm me if you are serious about buying one.

Karl

db_1.2
09-07-06, 10:48 PM
I'd love to.....just 2 main problems to over come first mate! Im gonna focus mainly on the bodywork at the moment so the money will be going to that and the harder part is picking it up as i cant drive yet, but like i said im going to put my first chunk of money ive saved up on the bodywork and respray, good luck selling it anyway karl:thumb:

Dont spose anyones got a gsi front bumper hanging about?!:D - Big money waiting!

Ste L
10-07-06, 02:53 PM
60mm, with seat splitter, and i could get over bump's easy....

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a130/Ste_SRi/Nova%20SRi/newwheels1.jpg

db_1.2
10-07-06, 03:53 PM
I like that, i got my 60mm springs coming throught this week so we'll see but i think the rear wheels may have to be spaced to avoid the dampers, i got the old millie miglia 5 spokes, 16'' rekon it will be alright? its already on 40 like i said and only just misses the dampers, the profile of the tyre is 40 so should be too bad, looks like il have to wait and see!

db_1.2
12-07-06, 07:28 PM
Remember me going on about gsi parts etc? Wrll luck has it after work today i was looking through trade it for new van for my step dad, and i came across these:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e168/db89/DSC00065.jpghttp://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e168/db89/DSC00064.jpghttp://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e168/db89/DSC00063.jpg

Includes - gsi front, gsi back, gsi boot lid and spoiler with vinal, headlights and grill for 70 quid. Who reckons thats a bargain or is it just me? Lol

Anyway i should be,hopefully, stripping my car and temperarely (cant spell) putting these bits on, will get pics up of my WIP :p

db_1.2
12-07-06, 07:29 PM
Note that car no longer exists, hence the reason for leaving number plate uncovered, plus lazy and in a hurry, so no one do anything dodgey!

db_1.2
17-07-06, 07:07 PM
Dunno if anyones really interested but i got my brake setup today, should start putting it al together week hopefully

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e168/db89/DSC00071.jpg