PDA

View Full Version : HELP-STARTING PROBLEMS...

Anonymous
09-05-01, 09:33 AM
Im having serious problems starting my nova in the morning and cant work out what it is. I've put new leads ands plugs in and im sure the batterys fine because it turns over ok. One of my mates tryed starting it in gear and said something about the starter motor because the car does'nt jump about like it should, it just rolls along. I also dont think its dampness any more although it still could be, its just that we've not had a drop of rain the last few days and its still not starting.

Cheers ppl. :)

Anonymous
09-05-01, 09:51 AM
change the rotor arm and the distributor cap.

dan69_gsi@hotmail.com
dangsi@novaload.org.uk

Anonymous
09-05-01, 09:59 AM
I agree, had similar probs with mine, changed distributer cap and rotor arm and its sorted. Less than ?10 for both parts, and 5 mins to change them over=jobs a good un ;)

Anonymous
09-05-01, 10:20 AM
for starters, take the distributor cap off and have a look at the metal contacts and the distributor arm, see what kind of condition its in, u should be able to tel if it needs replacing. Worth doing though for the sake of ?10

Which W4nker made nova's with a 49 offset !!!!!

Anonymous
09-05-01, 05:36 PM
Any oil/water in dizzy cap? if so service ur car.
if not try push starting it and if that works ur starters bushes need replacing.

hope this helped

Dave_Hay@novaload.org.uk

Anonymous
09-05-01, 11:59 PM
?? try the earth strap from the gearbox to the chassis

if the starter wont turn properly then place a jumplead from the bat negitive to the engine block

if it starts like this ok then your earths are fooked

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
10-05-01, 09:21 AM
Cheers for ya help ppl i'm gonna give the car a good service this weekend; injectors the lot, i'll replace the dizzy cap and rotor arm for the sake of it but where do i get them for ?10? i've never seen them that cheep. My induction kits going on the nite and im gonna put her on the rolling road to get tuned properly. Cheers again ppl.

Anonymous
10-05-01, 10:03 AM
My local motors spares shop had them in about ?3.50 rotor arm and ?6 for the cap!! ;)

Anonymous
11-05-01, 10:01 AM
I didnt think u could get them that cheep, ill shop around cheers mate.