PDA

View Full Version : Coilovers Question

Nova_Houch7
05-07-06, 11:29 PM
Right im thinking about getting some Adjustable coilovers for the rear of my nova (rear to start with, then may do front another time)

Fitting wise, is there any problems at all, some people have said to me in the past that the wheel may catch on spring or something, cant really remmeber to be honest.....

Or is it jus a case of fitting them on, adjusting to height u want, and off u go?

Also at the moment i have 17" alloys on the car, but am looking to get some 16's instead, after xmas. does this affect fitting of coilovers at all?

Also Who are best to go for?, price wise and quality, without having to spend to much.

Any help Would be good.

Thanks, Luke

-Bruce-
06-07-06, 05:33 PM
If you get coilovers that the hieght cant be adjusted on the rear then you will be ok. As its will be just like your set up just now, the shock inside the wheel arch and the spring under the rear leg and ontop of the rear beam. Thats the type i would fit to my car.

The other type with the spring and shock combo will need you to modify the rear turret. And also the mounting point on the rear beam for the shock is not built to take the extra forces of a spring being mounted to the shock. (this can be solved)

Bruce