PDA

View Full Version : new nova please help!

novajen
05-07-06, 10:41 PM
i dont really know what to write on these posts! im jen by the way an i just got a 1.0 nova in febuary. i only bought a 1.0 to build up no claims, but i am planning to put either a 1.4 or 1.6 in it. i havent really done much to it as im limited to time (damn day jobs) i have 15" alloys which are causing a bit of mayhem with the arches! (any advice would be great) The whole car is getting a respray in the next month or two from silver to blue. which means i may have to live without it for a few weeks! :eek: i havent decided on a bodykit yet. i think the novadose is a bit popular so any other will do i suppose. as for the inside, its gettin refabricated in blue (with flip down dvd screens an maybe an xbox? not quite decided yet) and thats my baby! if you want to know about me you have to ask! ;)

dannyb
06-07-06, 08:12 AM
How good is the shell? Ask yourself this before you spend lots of money!! Are your alloys the right offset, as this is why they could be rubbing (you haven't mentioned lowering so this is my only thought). If you do not have any no claims, you may want to think about keeping it a 1.0 for at least a year. You are a girl...Your insurance will be fairly cheap anyway (even if an engine swap was on the cards next year!!)
Welcome to Novaload (I see its a first post too), thank you for not making the error of text typing and some pics of the car would be lovely!

Matt2107
06-07-06, 01:16 PM
Hi Jen,

Welcome to Novaload.

First off like danny said check the shell. You don't really wanna be chasing major rust but most can be fixed if you wanna spend the money doing it.

Body kits will get slated on here but your not doing it for anyone else... just yourself. I've kitted my nova... dont let anyone tell you what to do... its your car!

If your gonna go for a body kit you need to decide how mental you wanna go. Jap style is the most extreme and not for the faint hearted. Novadose kit is like you said very popular so I'd stay clear. If you fancy Eurostyle (super smooth) then buy a Total Vauxhall mag and have a look at the GTB kit (i think its called that anyway.) Then there's probably what 8 out of 10 people from here will recommend... GSI or GTE kit. My personal opinion is it looks great but...... everyones doing it. Of course it would probably add more value than aftermarket kits.

As for your alloys... danny is right about the offset. It's probably not worth having an alloys at all unless they are ET45-49. Pop a wheel off and have a look round the inside edge. Running any other offset will most likely cause scrubbage like your already experincing and wearing of parts like bearings etc. Not to mention MOT failure if the tester notices.

I'm just having a fiddle with fitting an Xbox at the minute. I'm planning on relocating the switches onto the centre console and have stripped the plastic case off the xbox so it fits on thefront parcel shelf. The front will be faced off with aluminium with just a slot for the dvd drive. There really is no limit to what you can do especially if your good with fibre glass. (It's not hard to learn)

One last point... you should feel special... this is the longest post I've ever made. Any thing you need help with send me a pm... I'll be happy to help.

srs1
06-07-06, 05:11 PM
welcome to novaload.

think the other 2 lads have sumed it up pretty well tbh.

there are a fair few of us round this region, if your not sure what to look for in the car before respraying, then ask. sure someone will help you out and have a look at the shell for you.

wings
06-07-06, 05:19 PM
Hi jen,

Im from the wirral and if you need any help with your nova feel free to ask as my mate has done up and sold most of the novas and corsas on the wirral. He is realy good and very cheap. He just dose it cheap for bit of extra cash in spare time. He has his own garage to by west kirby

novajen
07-07-06, 08:43 AM
wow you guys really know your stuff! the car hasnt been lowered and the guy i got the alloys off said they were for a nova but ill check anyway. as for the shell its perfect except for the tiny bit of rust on the drivers rear arch, but that should get sorted when the respray gets done. i still havent decided about the kit yet. might just stick to a gte or gsi kit untill i have the courage to try anything a bit wilder. thanks for all the help. its great to hear from people who know what theyr talking about not just guys at the cruise. oh yeah and wings where about is that garage i might pop down and ask him to have a look.