PDA

View Full Version : 1.2i induction

NOVADAZ
05-07-06, 10:21 PM
hi ive got a 1.2i spin the engine is standard bar a 3.5" back box but i want to get an induction kit, does anyone know if its possible to get one? the it looks like a carb set up but bolt on filters dont fit on any suggestions? ive pulled off a pipe leading to the air box which gives it a bit more roar

LUV2XLR8
05-07-06, 11:28 PM
put that pipe back on and take the nosle bit that goes to the manifold area off. if you can then get a flexable bit of pipe to get some cold air in.

to be honest an induction kit on a small engine can make it run worse.

Adam
06-07-06, 12:12 AM
Get a corsa/mk3 astra spi top air box, that bolts to the TB.
Then a pipe from that with a induction cone on the end.

LUV2XLR8 (http://www.novaload.net/forum/member.php?u=11570)-" to be honest an induction kit on a small engine can make it run worse."

Why?

craig0120
06-07-06, 07:27 AM
iv got a corsa spi top if interested

LUV2XLR8
06-07-06, 10:10 AM
when i did that corsa box thing with an induction cone the car seemed to be much more noisey and didnt make it any better in any way.

then i had to change the injection system.

NOVADAZ
06-07-06, 05:56 PM
cheers guys, it is only temporay as im hoping to but a 1.6 16v lump in with throttle bodies but want some roar till i get the enginelol

dannyb
06-07-06, 06:08 PM
put that pipe back on and take the nosle bit that goes to the manifold area off. if you can then get a flexable bit of pipe to get some cold air in.

to be honest an induction kit on a small engine can make it run worse.

Very true, don't mess around with the engine, enjoy (read:thrash) it and save your cash toward putting the bigger engine in. An induction kit won't bring in a noticible power gain for the time money and effort spent.