PDA

View Full Version : injectors

chimp007_uk
05-07-06, 06:43 PM
i've been having some probs with my gte so took the injectors out and cleaned them and what not. whilst they were out i was thinking about fitting bigger injectors, either from a 1.8 8v or 2.0 8v... i have a chipped ecu and adjustable fuel pressure regulator fitted. anyone tried this? if so, any gains? it was just a thought.

thanks all

chris

Adam
05-07-06, 06:56 PM
No gains.
Apart from flooding the engine.

chimp007_uk
05-07-06, 07:09 PM
i was thinking that fueling is going to be a problem... just a thought. if it was to work, very cheap and easy to do.

cheers

craig green
05-07-06, 07:22 PM
2.0 injectors are a non starter on a GTE, wrong impedence.

Fully cleaned up & in tip/top condition they will be fine. From std the 16SE fuels fine anyway. More fuel = lost power & poor consumption.

mikey14sr
05-07-06, 07:47 PM
XE injectors were used on the group A nova, but with a customised ecu, not much point for a road car though, as to run with a cam lairy enough to need them you would probably need individual throttle bodies to get each cylinder fuelled correctly, and carbs are a lot cheaper than those.

chimp007_uk
05-07-06, 09:09 PM
thats understandable, thanks for killing off my ideas lol...

anyone know which way i would need to adjust the screw on the pressure reg to increase pressure? at the mo, mines at 2bar, is this ok? someone said it needs to be atleast 2.5bar!?!

-Bruce-
06-07-06, 05:43 PM
I would say if you realy want to muck about with the fuel pressure get the car on the rolling road and get the operator to adjust the pressure for you. You dont just want to guess with fuel pressures!!

bruce