PDA

View Full Version : arch trouble

gza1
05-07-06, 06:24 PM
hi ive got a 14 sr nova, its an imaculate model 4 the year, but i cant have any body in teh back of my car because the passenger side back arch catches really bad, and it goes through me when i hear it, my mate whos got a nova just said to carfully bend in the tip of the arch, and it should b ok, im just asking for sum advice really, or if thers any other ways. partly the reason is my sub in the boot, its quite heavy, but i dont want 2 part with my bass lol,

draper
05-07-06, 07:07 PM
you can get the lip professionally rolled so its tucked up out the way, any good bodyshop should be able to it

i think you can do it yourself but im not sure how

mikey14sr
05-07-06, 07:51 PM
you can get the lip professionally rolled so its tucked up out the way, any good bodyshop should be able to it

i think you can do it yourself but im not sure how

heating the lip with a paint stripper gun and very gentle progessive work with a hammer will do the trick, but as most bodyshops that can do it only charge about ?30 per corner without painting it's easier and looks better if they do it.

General Baxter
05-07-06, 08:48 PM
question is

have you change the suspension,
have you got alloys on, with the wrong offset \ tyre width?

NOVADAZ
05-07-06, 10:17 PM
i have the same problem ive had the arch lip cut off there is about 2mm left, the OZ alloys are the wrong offset but they dont rub with 2 in, i dont want to take out my 2 10" subs is flaring the archs they only way?