PDA

View Full Version : X14xe

Marsden
05-07-06, 01:35 PM
hi, how easy would it be to fit this engine into my 1.4 spi nova? Its out of a corsa sport 1.4 16v as you will have guessed. will i need any extra parts modifications? Its just i may have one in my hands soon pretty cheap and i have been told that they go onto the same engine mounts as mine? could any one tell me if its as simple as that (i no about the wiring loom) or evan if this is true? Thanks in advance ben

Adam
05-07-06, 06:04 PM
Corsa downpipe will need modding, quite a lot of wiring involved too(immobiliser system etc)
Need to change fanbelt and remove powersteering pulley etc.

But it does just drop in, use nova mounts/shafts.

Marsden
05-07-06, 08:53 PM
thanks for the info, will i need to buy any exta parts for it to work? Also because it is around 88bhp, wich is less than a GSI i take it it shouldnt need welding to the engine bay?:wtf:

thanks Ben

John
05-07-06, 10:11 PM
Corsa downpipe will need modding, quite a lot of wiring involved too(immobiliser system etc)
Need to change fanbelt and remove powersteering pulley etc.

But it does just drop in, use nova mounts/shafts.

Modify centre section to fit corsa front pipe, Wiring not too bad? Immobiliser not really an issue as discussed previously with long live and myself. I removed everything belt wise and simply ran the tensioner with a montego or maestro 6pk ribbed belt and it works fine. other than a bit of water hose modification it fits fine.
To see mine check out total vauxhall magazine from april this year, pages 68-74.:thumb: