PDA

View Full Version : 1.2I conv' to twin forties !!

superfu-kingnova
04-07-06, 11:55 AM
sup ppl ive got a 1.2I and ive bought a geniune set of nova sport twin forties wiv gen' irmsher airbox , im goin to convert it to the carbs , anyone done this ?? , wots involved , wot do i need i.e petrol tank etc , any info would be helpfull .. how much more power would i get ? , ive read all the stats 4 the sport ..

i bought a gen' sport engine couple of years ago only 4 da carbs , thinkin of ditching rest of engine ... shood it be kept ??

many thnx .... :tard:

novamadman
04-07-06, 11:59 AM
sup ppl ive got a 1.2I and ive bought a geniune set of nova sport twin forties wiv gen' irmsher airbox , im goin to convert it to the carbs , anyone done this ?? , wots involved , wot do i need i.e petrol tank etc , any info would be helpfull .. how much more power would i get ? , ive read all the stats 4 the sport ..

i bought a gen' sport engine couple of years ago only 4 da carbs , thinkin of ditching rest of engine ... shood it be kept ??

many thnx .... :tard:

put the sport engine in with the 40's. 1.2i = ****e

+ less of the text typing or stu will rape you :)

shane

Mike
04-07-06, 11:59 AM
Use the entire Sport engine, it'll be alot easier.

You wont get anything but insults typing like that either btw! :roll:

superfu-kingnova
04-07-06, 12:05 PM
okay thanks for the tip about my typing , i have an education i shall use it . i will just be using the carbs the engine has been in the shed for couple of years .they should still be a good improvement to power , because on the 1300 they made it the fastest factory nova ever ...

Mike
04-07-06, 12:08 PM
yeah but they'll make a better improvment on a 1300 engine then a 1200. :thumb:

novamadman
04-07-06, 12:27 PM
okay thanks for the tip about my typing , i have an education i shall use it . i will just be using the carbs the engine has been in the shed for couple of years .they should still be a good improvement to power , because on the 1300 they made it the fastest factory nova ever ...

errrrrr........no cough gsi

i would imagine if you strap the forties onto the 1200 it will have a backward effect and your car will get noisier,but slower.

your getting the air and fuel in but your not getting rid of it, 4 branch and cam to run them but still the injection engine is piiiiiiiiiiiish

shane

Stuart
04-07-06, 12:31 PM
the head on the 1.2i needs binning in favor of the 1.2/1.3 carb head OR 1.4/1.6 MPI head with the right inlet.

then obv a damn good setup on a RR to get it running sweet etc blah blah

Mike
04-07-06, 12:33 PM
errrrrr........no cough gsi

i would imagine if you strap the forties onto the 1200 it will have a backward effect and your car will get noisier,but slower.

your getting the air and fuel in but your not getting rid of it, 4 branch and cam to run them but still the injection engine is piiiiiiiiiiiish

shane

Coorect to an extent, on paper maybe no, but up a strip? :wtf:

Stoo
04-07-06, 12:39 PM
GSi was quicker flat out, sport quicker to 60!

Details!! Pah

superfu-kingnova
04-07-06, 12:53 PM
hey novamadman , eh ........... no cough , sport !! it is a 0-60 in 8.9 . i think u will find a gsi is 9.0 flat !! try reading total vauxhall ....

Stoo
04-07-06, 12:55 PM
woah 0.1 of a second, gonna make ALL The difference!! Not noticeable at all really!

superfu-kingnova
04-07-06, 12:55 PM
thanks stuart bout the heads i will look in to it ...

superfu-kingnova
04-07-06, 12:56 PM
bleep bleep

Mike
04-07-06, 12:57 PM
hey novamadman , eh ........... no cough , sport !! it is a 0-60 in 8.9 . i think u will find a gsi is 9.0 flat !! try reading total vauxhall ....

TV mag? A lot of that is wrong info anyway. Like the SR engine code is, according to them a 14NZ? i think you'll find its an NV! :thumb:

0.1 of a second? About half a cars length maybe? Although the sport is lighter?

Mike

Stoo
04-07-06, 01:24 PM
prob not even half a car length!

novamadman
04-07-06, 02:52 PM
prob not even half a car length!

id like to take a standard gsi and a standard sport from a standing start, then see which is quicker. ive driven quite a few standard gsi's, and only one sport (which was standard), and imo theres no contest

shane

Mike
04-07-06, 03:07 PM
A lot of i comes down to the driver though, correct gear changes, good ppull off from the line, getting every gear change perfect

And then the car, good tyres, good clutch, good weather etc etc theres so many factors that could influnce this its unreal!

Stuart
04-07-06, 03:12 PM
not forgetting gear ratios too...

Mike
04-07-06, 03:26 PM
not forgetting gear ratios too...

True, the GSi has closer ratio box then the Sport i fink?

Even if it doesnt, and they both were to have close ratio box's, the GSi will have more pull in each gear due to the extra 300 and fuel injection!