PDA

View Full Version : is it posiable to fit a rev counter to my car ?

Anonymous
02-04-01, 02:45 PM
i have a mk2 1.2 and i realy want a rev counter but i do not want to take out the clocks i already have
i want to put the rev counter by my tape holder
how easy would it be to fit a rev counter is it posiabe ?

:)taxi drives are cunts :)

Anonymous
02-04-01, 03:15 PM
it is well easy, they usually only have a couple of wires to connect, the hardest thing will be if you want to make a smooth looking holder for it, but if you just use the support you get with after market rev counter then it is even easier!!!!

Mmmmm forbidden donut. :)

Anonymous
02-04-01, 03:40 PM
we will i be able to get a rev counter from

Anonymous
02-04-01, 04:22 PM
anywhere like ripspeed(probably expensive!!!) or the back of fastcar or revs or something. Try some of the charlie browns places or motorworld(if it still exists!!!!) I don't know how much they are. You may even be able to get one from a scrappy, and make a surround for it. Just make sure it is one off a 4 cylinder engine, I think it doesn't work if you get one from a 6 cylinder, not sure though.
hope this helps.

Mmmmm forbidden donut. :)

Anonymous
02-04-01, 04:49 PM
cheers i will have a look around on friday coz i got the day off

Anonymous
03-04-01, 09:33 AM
I've seen a Nova with a Rev counter situated in the centre console just in front of the gearstick. I wasn't too sure about this myself, but if you don't want to take your dash apart,it could be another alternatve.
Jim.

"Beware of the voices"

Anonymous
03-04-01, 12:33 PM
It would be beter situated on top of the dash right in front of you (WRC style) so you can see it without taking your eyes off the road when your pushing it. Another race tip is if the rev limit is say 6000 rpm, set the clock on a tilt so 6000rpm is at the top, this way you can see out of the corner of your eye when you are getting to the rev limit. :)

"Theres something missing, I'm not all there, Theres something missing".

Anonymous
03-04-01, 01:44 PM
the car that jim is talking about can be seen here. http://www.corsaweb.co.uk/IMAGES/featuredcars/nova/r_coombes/03.jpg
he said it was quite easy, just fiddily. He made his out of mdf btw.

Anonymous
03-04-01, 01:46 PM
just remembered, theres a better picture here
http://www.novaload.net/car_images/mkcruise2/TV.jpg ;)