PDA

View Full Version : blown head gasket-ruff price quide

toby.d
02-07-06, 01:38 PM
last night my car blew off a water hose and overheated leadin to a blown head gasket.i switched the car off as soon as i saw the tempurature gauge fly up above normal but as u all no thats when its to late.
iv dismantled my head this morning and im about to go get it checked by a mate of mine to see if it has warped at all. i wanted to no ruffly how much a new rocket cover gasket and new ead gasket will cost me, if any one has purchused one before and could just say a ruff guide. o yeah and the engine is cz14se i think. its a nova sri engine fitted into a corsa sri.i think they share the sam engines tho.but anyways. thanks.

draper
02-07-06, 01:39 PM
about 15-20 quid for the pair !

studaman21
02-07-06, 01:42 PM
thank god i'm not the only one mate. well if youve got the head off already.
?50 quid to get it skimmed and pressure tested and i think about ?30 for the head gasket set and bolts plus coolant and a new hose which is mere few quid

toby.d
02-07-06, 06:30 PM
yeah iv got it all of now.which it good.i think iv warped the head alittle bit.but not much.im gettin it skimmed just to be 100% ok with it when i rag it again. no a few enginers so im gettin the head skimmed for 20 quid. and managed to find a head gasket set on ebay for 26quid delivered.dont think thats to bad considering what im getting. goning to reseat all the valves.
also found out that my cam timing was out by 1 tooth.so atleast it will run better now.

craig0120
02-07-06, 06:34 PM
surely you would notice if the timing was out by 1 tooth?

toby.d
02-07-06, 06:43 PM
i didnt notice untill i had to take the head off.i checked the cam belt before fitting the engine last week. but we only noticed when we had to line the engine up to have thepistons at top dead centre.then we realised how much the cam was out.