PDA

View Full Version : Cheapo suspension kits

dannyb
02-07-06, 12:13 PM
Are these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-EVO-RACING-SUSPENSION-KIT-VAUXHALL-NOVA-CORSA-A_W0QQitemZ160001825667QQihZ006QQcategoryZ40192QQr dZ1QQcmdZViewItem any good or do you get what you pay for? If anyone has had a set, can you tell me if I am better off geting just Gmax stuff?

Rexy
02-07-06, 12:30 PM
PMSl, Just get 2nd hand lowering springs. Your obv not ****d about handeling all that much. Gmax are way too soft, and i'd persume they would be the same. Either save up for a decent set of adjustables or just get springs for now.

Stuart
02-07-06, 01:29 PM
ewwwwwwwwww they look pants.

save and get a a good setup otherwise you will buy this one, like it for a month then hate it and have to save starting ?130 down

Jules
03-07-06, 12:02 AM
Buy cheap = buy twice.

SuperNova!
03-07-06, 12:10 AM
G-Max are far too soft my ****.

The ride in my car is like driving with no suspension at all.

Jack
03-07-06, 12:26 AM
G-Max are far too soft my ****.

The ride in my car is like driving with no suspension at all.
Wouldn't that be like having really hard suspension then?

/pedant

dannyb
03-07-06, 12:27 AM
save and get a a good setup otherwise you will buy this one, like it for a month then hate it and have to save starting ?130 down

Good plan mate, thanks for the info everyone!

Gunzi
03-07-06, 08:51 AM
Definately save your pennies for something decent like Eibach springs and Bilstein shocks :)

craig green
03-07-06, 09:27 AM
If I was on a budget, I'd contempolate the Venom motorsport kit (vipertech) or buy my KONI adjustables........

SuperNova!
03-07-06, 09:55 AM
Yes ridiculously hard where as rexy claims they are way too soft.

Stuart
03-07-06, 01:54 PM
depends on your perception really...

but a Gmax kit on track is hideously soft, so much so that with good brakes at llandow you can plough the road at the end of the straight ;)

but that will depend on spring rates too of course

Riggy
03-07-06, 04:43 PM
lol if you think GMAX are hard then you would hate coilovers lol

the ?32 gmax halfords specials that are on my white gsi are terrible

i would have my popped avo's coilys over theses any day the car feels like a boat lol

DI4BLO
03-07-06, 04:49 PM
Courtenay do a good cheap end set for around ?200 if your budget is about that, or as said just springs, not brilliant but better than these and other cheapies like g-max.

Just found these are bilstein which are much better than those above.

http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Rexy
03-07-06, 06:24 PM
Sounds like somebody hasnt ventured into the world of Suspension all that far.

Gmax are a good budget kit, Esp for ?32 Pmsl i wouldnt pay anymore for them tho :thumb: and i still think there are too soft, and riggy gets told each and every time we go round a corner and he grumbles about the car :D

Pmsl...

Ash
03-07-06, 09:53 PM
what about those bilstien shocks and PI spring as found here: www.tuning.co.uk (http://www.tuning.co.uk) but only for road, if you want track stuff then avo's are top stuff but cost a bit more. theres always FK suspenion which is cheap but i dont know how 'good' it is

A

Rexy
03-07-06, 10:03 PM
I've used FK konisports on my Golf GTi and Golf road rally car along with ARB's and to be honest they were **** hot.