PDA

View Full Version : camber

Anonymous
01-04-01, 07:45 PM
i had a prblem with my camber ive put a new steering rack in and track rod ends and seconhadnd balljoint 1 side.sometimes the wheel sits level sometimes it sites in alot and looks bad its imposible to drive like this i know i need the tracking done cos of the rack and camber sorts that out but it its alright sometimes whatsto say it wont fuck up when ive had it done?anything else i ca change?

Anonymous
02-04-01, 12:00 AM
sounds like sum sort ov nasty chassis problem

have a good look round turret tops and the front cross meber for dmage or corroision

check the front tie bars to see if the big nuts are on tight and failling that why did you fit a second hand ball jiont? there only about
?6 brand new?

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
02-04-01, 09:29 AM
Hey mickey, sounds like u know lots about suspension! My car handles shit since I put a bigger engine in! Shal i get lowered GTE springs, or go for a -60kit? And would GTE anti-roll bars help? Also i think its just lacking grip, as I loose people (VTR/VTS drivers) on roundabouts! If i go any faster the car looses traction, or can than be the camber setup? Tyres are 185/60/14 and they have loads of tread left.

Cheers

Anonymous
02-04-01, 09:58 AM
i've got the same prob loads of negative camber, should i redrill the topmounts to move them further out?

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
16v engine fitting advice

Anonymous
02-04-01, 10:54 AM
Wheel bearings?

"Theres something missing, I'm not all there, Theres something missing".

Anonymous
02-04-01, 12:13 PM
all new bearings/balljoints/track rods ends/rack/polly bushes
gsi tie bars
jamex 60mm kit
6.5j 16" wheels

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
16v engine fitting advice

Anonymous
02-04-01, 06:41 PM
Ste, if you haven`t corrected the camber, only a 1/4 at most of the tyre actually wears out ( only a 1/4 in contact with the road) so you`ll loose loads of traction. Re-drill the top hub hole out and get the camber/tracking reset.

Anonymous
02-04-01, 09:07 PM
Dicko def somin worn if u can't keep up round round abouts. I did a Golf 16v on the out side round a round about the other day. he wasn't very impressed but he had just kicked my ass down the motorway!! so it had 2 be done

RobDmr@aol.com
xr2 ??? i'd rather walk!