PDA

View Full Version : difficulties wiring cally dials in nova

dan23
30-06-06, 10:03 PM
i connected the earth (brown on both looms) then i tried using the live from the nova loom to find out what each wire on the callky dials is for i ve only found

engine management
petrol warning an battery warning (both on black wire on cally loom)
an instrument ilu (black grey cally loom)

all the other wire appear to be dead an do nothing when i put the live to em
what have i done wrong ?

General Baxter
30-06-06, 10:04 PM
http://www.novaload.net/forum/showthread.php?t=63363

dan23
01-07-06, 10:39 PM
what i meant was the clocks are earthed ,so in theory when a live wire is put to any of the coloured wires it should light a warning light on the dash but this isnt happening .

even when a pair of wires are connected (ie blue/white on nova to blue/white on cally ) an ignlive is connected too still nothing happens

Adam
02-07-06, 12:24 AM
Some of the warning lights wires are earths(to complete the circuit and illuminate the light)
Try the indicator light, i think thats a 12v wire to light the bulb.

General Baxter
02-07-06, 12:28 AM
theres something really dodgy on the cav clocks, nothing would work on mine untill i had EVERYTHING wired in, if i pulled say the fuel gauge wire out, the lot would stop working lol

dan23
02-07-06, 12:46 AM
thanks 4 that also if i put live to black wire on cally clocks i get bat an fuel light at once when i put another wire (cant remember colour) to live it makes the fuel light work is blck on cally clocks the igntion live hence thats why it makes lights come on (but only those 2 ?)