PDA

View Full Version : shuddering

LUV2XLR8
30-06-06, 08:31 PM
when i brake turning left, there comes a shuddering from my near side front wheel area.

ive checked the brake disc and pads and calipers, they seem ok,
ive also looked at the bearings, suspension, tracking and lower arm and everything seems ok :S

i also get this at around 55 mph too, and ive had the tyres ballanced and had my tracking done

any ideas of what this could be?:confused:

draper
30-06-06, 10:58 PM
have you hit a pot-hole recently ?? i had this problem and managed to trace it back to the steering rack rubbing on the shell because i dislodged stuff when i hit a speed hump to quick............just a thought

Ash
30-06-06, 10:59 PM
i had a simular thing when pulling away, turns out it was the driveshaft jumping somehow. , so that could be worth checking, and ur cv joints.

A

Adam
01-07-06, 12:00 AM
Does it always do it when braking?
Sounds like a warped disc.

Jack
01-07-06, 12:52 AM
Brakes are hard to warp :p

If it only does it when turning I'd say steering problem.

Adam
01-07-06, 12:54 AM
If it only does it when he brakes tho, its got to brake related has it not???

Jack
01-07-06, 01:17 AM
Braking could be putting additional stress on the steering components though - weigh distribution will be on the front - so could be enough to make it shudder.

Welsh Dan
01-07-06, 01:54 AM
Brakes are hard to warp :p

If it only does it when turning I'd say steering problem.

Not with delco calipers ;).

Lee
01-07-06, 01:33 PM
lol, indeed, although razorjacks right, could even be worn suspension or bushes causing it.

draper
01-07-06, 07:27 PM
it might be easier if yiu told us what youve looked at, if its when you steer left id check your steering components

LUV2XLR8
02-07-06, 01:32 PM
sorry its taken so long to reply, ive been working :(
what it seems to me is the brakes, but as draper says it could be my steering as i gice the car a beasting from time to time.
also tho the suspension could be at fault, as they are standard gte shocks in the front and are quite old. i'll swap some components from my other nova and see what it is.
thanks for th info and help

draper
06-07-06, 12:55 AM
have you sorted this yet matey ??

ste porter
06-07-06, 03:29 AM
i had a very similar problem turned out 2 be the wheel bearing but when checked it was fine but when removed it showed that it had all fell 2 bits and worn but because of the drive shaft castle nut the wheel had no movement normaly asosiated with a duff bearing

LUV2XLR8
06-07-06, 10:13 AM
the problem has seemed to rectify itself now thankfully.

i did check my bearing, but i had only changed it about 2 years ago. hopefully my wheel will stay on now and the problem has gone.