PDA

View Full Version : what a ballache !!

draper
29-06-06, 12:01 PM
went to pick up the new nova nova last night, me, my mate and his missus, apart from his gfs navigating skills and there constant arguing we got there ok - although late !!

picked the car up, needed a jump start :wtf: but it has been standing a while i suppose, my mate was driving it back, everything was ok for 10 miles when he decided to pull in at a petrol station and turn it off !!:mad:

after another half an hour of arguing and eventually borrowing some jump leads of a scary axe murderer type guy we're on our way again :thumb:

we get another 5 miles when my mate pulls ove (on the side of A1) moaning that the brakes are sticking - i told him to keep going at least untill the next services/slip road and they should free themselves off, as were following him i can see hes jabbing the brakes and they eventually seize on and the car stalls ! :cry:

ended up having to ring a recovery company who charged me a very nice 225 !! while we were waiting the cars nearly got took out but a clown in a lorry and then the coppers turned up

so all in all my new nova owes me 400 :eek: !! and ill be stripping it back to a bare shell !!

SRlew
29-06-06, 12:30 PM
lol sounds like it went to plan there then! lol

atleast you actually got i back to your house.
i'd be gutted to pay that ?225, did the sort it there or tow it home?

draper
29-06-06, 01:58 PM
i just got them to tow it home, it is kinda funny when you think about tho lol

forgot how much fun it is owning a nova !!:D

JSeymour
29-06-06, 02:50 PM
what a rip off!!!

that kinda happened to us, when we went to pick up a nova, brakes seized up so we stopped let them cool down, then drove 15ishmiles not using them. by the end of it smoke was coming from the front wheels and it would hardly move!
stupid things you do when your young ay....lol

SRlew
29-06-06, 03:33 PM
my brothers standard brakes kept stiking once, on my car actually. we jumped out to look at them and they were fooking glowing bright red/orange!

novas eh :roll: lol

sounds like a good prodject for you any way buddy:thumb:

General Baxter
29-06-06, 03:43 PM
they were fooking glowing bright red/orange!

no no no no there very expensive ceramic disks :thumb:

Mike
29-06-06, 05:04 PM
ive set fire to my old pin style calipers at *cough* 100mph *cough* and covered the motorway in smoke?! lol lol

draper
30-06-06, 09:04 AM
should be, as soon as ive found somewhere to get rid of the engine it will be ripped to pieces, got a strengthening kit and a wiring loom at the post office ready to be picked up so can get wiring my extras in soon

and it was a rip-off but i think they put the price up as i was stood at the side of the a1 with a credit card in my hand and no other way to get home !! altough i did contemplate setting fire to it and leaving it there !!

Matt2107
30-06-06, 12:39 PM
Whats the moral of the story?????

Join the AA... i would never be without it.

draper
30-06-06, 12:41 PM
AA are sht tho, ill be joining britannia when im back on the road

Jack
30-06-06, 06:10 PM
Get RAC, they even come out when you've run out of petrol.... so I hear *cough* :tard:

ive set fire to my old pin style calipers at *cough* 100mph *cough* and covered the motorway in smoke?! lol lol
lmfao, my hatch did that... some guy flashes me down on a dual carriageway, and tells me there's sparks and flames shooting off my front wheel?!? lol

RJM25R
30-06-06, 06:56 PM
TBH no-one is sh1t if they save u ?225-did the police give you producers? I hope your mate was insured if they did..... ;)

draper
30-06-06, 07:14 PM
no, coppers were really helpful actually :wtf: should of got him stuffed lol they just sat down the road and kept the traffic away from us...my mate had his trade plates anyway so we was fine

im not a member of any organisation anymore because im not on the road - gonna be the first thing i get tho !!

General Baxter
30-06-06, 07:20 PM
no, coppers were really helpful actually :wtf: should of got him stuffed lol they just sat down the road and kept the traffic away from us...my mate had his trade plates anyway so we was fine

im not a member of any organisation anymore because im not on the road - gonna be the first thing i get tho !!

when i got my nova that what the first thing i got AA road side recovery lol

SRlew
01-07-06, 08:13 PM
no no no no there very expensive ceramic disks :thumb:

lol yer thats what i was trying to say :D

think i should finaly get me some AA now, iv put it off for 9 months :roll: