PDA

View Full Version : 1.2 tuning

deanreid
29-06-06, 11:42 AM
is it true that if u put a 1.6 cam and monifold on a 1.2 it will give it a power gain cos i have been told this and wasent to sure if it was true or not can some1 help me plz

dannyb
29-06-06, 11:58 AM
Did some one text you that information?? I didn't think a 1.6 (GTE/GSi) camshaft had the same distributor drive as a 1.2 camshaft. You can use an SR camshaft. Is your car carburettor or SPI?

deanreid
29-06-06, 12:33 PM
iv gota carb i no i can change the manifolds cos iv no ppl who have dune this on different engines i am a mechanic myself so i might try it and see what happens

Stuart
29-06-06, 12:54 PM
for a start :mf: otherwise bye bye ;)

second.
yes a gte/gsi exhaust manifold + downpipes and system will fit and give you a little more power but nothing to get excited about lol.

the 1.3cam gives approx 5bhp gain on a std engine... failing that fit a proper aftermarket one like a kent/piper/newman/catcam of a sensible spec.

it all boils down to, do you seriously want to tune the 1.2 engine, OR are you merely making it a little less slow until you do the usual mod of 1.6 or XE engine swap?

deanreid
29-06-06, 01:06 PM
well i wana try it for a while so i can save bit then get a more powerfull engine. i have the cam and manifold sitting in the garage not doing anything so i'm guna try it and see what happens then upgrade to a 1.6 because of insurence reasons. wot kind of dis advantages could happen if i do this except using more fuel????

Stuart
29-06-06, 01:19 PM
erm no disadvantages, bar void insurance unless you tell them ;)

if its only for the mean time. just live with it as once you start with little mods here and there you will spunk loads of cash up the wall on an engine that dosent need it

novamadman
29-06-06, 02:45 PM
erm no disadvantages, bar void insurance unless you tell them ;)

if its only for the mean time. just live with it as once you start with little mods here and there you will spunk loads of cash up the wall on an engine that dosent need it

the way your talking you would think you had "spunked loads of cash up the wall on an engine that doesnt need it"

lol

Adam
30-06-06, 12:21 AM
ROFL lol /\

I would tune the 1.2 to a sensible extent, not going mad, and then save money to a better engine.

Stuart
30-06-06, 09:08 AM
im not planning a "bigger" engine therefore its not spunked lol

Mark T
30-06-06, 09:27 AM
/\ PMSL Top work stu!

novamadman
30-06-06, 03:04 PM
im not planning a "bigger" engine therefore its not spunked lol

lol youll give in some day everybody inevitably does lol even its only to a 1600 or whatever, then youll realised you spunked money over the wall and regret it. i hope you dont but ive spunked it allready and regret it allready so meh lol

hendrix
30-06-06, 03:09 PM
what sort of figures are you aiming for stu??
i say well done for doing it to a 1.2!

Stuart
30-06-06, 07:01 PM
tbh i dont regret a thing. its all in the engieering challenege.... eg i enjoy the speccing etc of the thing.

aslong as it does more than 100bhp ill be happy

novamadman
30-06-06, 07:03 PM
tbh i dont regret a thing. its all in the engieering challenege.... eg i enjoy the speccing etc of the thing.

aslong as it does more than 100bhp ill be happy

yeah

i thought you would have been more happy if it got there quicker, not the fact of top end

shane

Stuart
30-06-06, 07:08 PM
pffft its all relative. eg bike engines are "pish" in their own right but in a light car/bike they rock...

micky taylor
30-06-06, 08:42 PM
THREAD HI-JACK, just to let everyone know that dean reid is gay, i work with the poor boy and we all caught him w**king in the toilets. :)

deanreid
01-07-06, 09:28 AM
micky taylor has a lil dick and his mk2 astra is **** with rust all over it so dint listen 2 him

Stuart
01-07-06, 09:51 AM
hmmmm do the two of you want to go bye bye? ;)