PDA

View Full Version : Suspension angles

-Bruce-
28-06-06, 05:44 PM
Hey im wanting to know the best settings for suspension on a nova lowered 60mm front and 70mmish at the rear. I will be going to a special place in edinburgh to get the tracking and angles changed/messured, they are ment to be great!!

Has anybody with track car knowledge know what angle to sett things too?

I was wondering if i should just set the car up like the group A rally cars? or will this not be required?

My car is not a daily driver as some of you may know its only used on the track and hard on the road.

Thanks in advance

Bruce

-Bruce-
28-06-06, 06:10 PM
grp a manual says:

Front:
Castor 4 degrees +ve
Camber 2 degrees -ve
Tracking 2mm toe out

Rear:
Camber 0 degrees to 1 degree -ve
Tracking 0.5mm toe out to 4.0mm toe in

Bruce

-Bruce-
29-06-06, 06:23 PM
anyone??

or even any info on the best tyre pressures for 195/45 r15??

Bruce

mikey14sr
29-06-06, 06:31 PM
Chris has his set up like that at the front, it does handle well, but it eats tyres very quickly, he could probably go through a set of fronts from new to showing wires in one decent track day!

-Bruce-
29-06-06, 07:24 PM
oh rite kool mate you mean chris slator?? eg guy with the orange nova?

Im not all that bothered about tyre wear. I will ask him what tyres etc he runs.

Bruce

Stuart
29-06-06, 08:03 PM
pressures will be near as damn it std..... but personally id go for 28 up front 26 in the back and work from there

mikey14sr
30-06-06, 06:54 PM
oh rite kool mate you mean chris slator?? eg guy with the orange nova?

Im not all that bothered about tyre wear. I will ask him what tyres etc he runs.

Bruce

Yep, chris S. at elvington he was using some old tyres which were pretty well worn allready, but after 20 laps they were definately knackered

-Bruce-
02-07-06, 11:24 AM
OK mikey, thanks for that info. I think im prob going to just get it set like the grp A cars!! As im not all that bothered about tire wear!!

Bruce

ade
02-07-06, 11:28 AM
Bruce, I thought you couldnt change the camber on Novas (fixed) - or have you fitted adjustable tops/modded?

I've a similar prob on my nova - 60mm top and it destroyed the inner wall on the tyres.

-Bruce-
02-07-06, 04:02 PM
Ade,
I have addjuated my top mount possition by 8mm. This changes the camber to the correct angle when the cars lowered 60mm.

As for the castor angle, i have adjustable tie bar mounts!!

Bruce