PDA

View Full Version : Immobiliser

Anonymous
31-01-01, 11:33 AM
I bought a Toad laser key immobiliser of a m8 yesterday. While taking it out ov his car i noticed that one ov the wires goes 2 the fuel injectin part ov the fuse box. My question is where do i connect this wire 2 on my 1.4sr as obviously it doesn't have an injection system??
cheers

Anonymous
31-01-01, 12:00 PM
I don't think you can connect it to anything, it sounds as though it was designed for an injection car. You should still be able to put it on the your car, just with out that feature.

Anonymous
31-01-01, 12:12 PM
Dit it imobilize the injection system? If so just imobilize another ciruit such as the coil.

Anonymous
31-01-01, 12:38 PM
I can only think of one circut you can cut , the coil . but if you get a leccy fuel pump , you can do that . So you can just leave it unconnected , coz it will just immobilise nothing , or find another circuit . Thats what ive done on mine

Anonymous
31-01-01, 12:54 PM
just imoblize another circut eg the lights ;-)

Anonymous
31-01-01, 02:17 PM
As a second circut you could imobilise one of the wires to the distributer, I think this would give a double imobiliser on the coil in that it would have no power and no signal from the distributer.

Anonymous
31-01-01, 05:53 PM
the signal from the dizzy doesn't like you changing the length of the wire etc

Anonymous
31-01-01, 09:14 PM
That might be where one of my many imobilizers is wired to (hint) but I`m not gonna say coz that`d be stupid! ;)

P.s. My motor runs better than fine!