PDA

View Full Version : Alarm problem

Anonymous
30-01-01, 11:38 AM
Just wondering if anyone can help me solve a problem with my nova. It's a mk2 1.4SR and it came with remote central locking, electric windows and a philips alarm as standard. The thing is sometimes when I press the key fob, the passenger side lock doesn't go down. To temporarily fix it I have to wind the passenger side window down and then back up again and then try the central locking again. I have no idea what the problem is and am looking for any answers.
Any help much appreciated.

Mike C

Anonymous
30-01-01, 11:46 AM
The centrol locking motor sounds as though it has come away from the door pin. Take the door card off and have a look. It is hard for any of us to really say 100%.

Anonymous
30-01-01, 11:54 AM
my c/locking does it sometimes so i unlock then lock again and it seems o.k.

Anonymous
30-01-01, 12:06 PM
Also when the pin doesn't go down, there is like a clicking noise which comes from the front of the car. I will take door card off tonight and have a look.
Cheers.

Anonymous
30-01-01, 12:11 PM
Have you got alloy door pins ? Mine sometimes do this if anyone's been messing with them, just tighten the door pin up and it should be alright.

Anonymous
30-01-01, 12:54 PM
motor shot the cogs are only plastic and they wear

Anonymous
30-01-01, 04:12 PM
I've had a similar problem that turned out to be the door pin rod jamming in the little plastic guides behind the door card.

Anonymous
01-02-01, 11:51 AM
I had the same problem on my GTE (with vauxhall central locking). Bolted to the front underdash shelf on the passenger side you`ll find a box with a 5 or 6 pin connector clipped to it, this is the control box for the lhs motor. Unbolt it and take the cover off (the end unclips and the pcb will slide out) All I did to mine was go round with a soldering iron and resolder all the conections and spray the relays with WD40. Its been fine ever since :) (it`s also an over complicated way of locking 1 door!)