PDA

View Full Version : tracking with lowered springs and alloys

noved
26-06-06, 12:39 AM
i need the tracking to be done on my nova. it is a e reg 1987 merit 1.2 and it has been lowered 60mm and has got 14" alloys (vauxhall alloys). the man in the garage set he didnt know what settings to use so can some one please help and tell me the settings i need in order to get it sorted cheers.

SuperNova!
26-06-06, 01:30 AM
I cant speak for everyone but mine feels better after being toed/towed/tow/towd, lol , out by 2

:thumb:

Welsh Dan
26-06-06, 07:28 AM
Also at -60mm get the camber checked out. To be perfectly honest though, if that garage doesn't know how to get the tracking right, take it elsewhere.

craig green
26-06-06, 02:32 PM
Tell him to use the figures for std settings. Its just lower thats all.

mad-driver
26-06-06, 03:05 PM
i took mine to a garage and they couldnt even get the equipment under the rear arch lol, and its only 40mm lower

noved
26-06-06, 05:45 PM
this is the problem that i had at the garage i have 14" alloys and lowered and this meant they could not take the right measurement or something which was because the tool did not fit under the back arches. if possible to can some one tell me the correct settings and i suppose this will be what i need to do. one question though if i went back to normal standard settings would this not make the tyres wear out quicker?

Lee
26-06-06, 07:14 PM
If your running a small block, id set it up 0 degrees, as in no toe +ve or -ve. If your running a valver or something with a bit of torque, a degree of toe in helps as the front wheels will naturally pull towards toe out under hard acceleration, therefore it will pull towards 0 degrees, eliminating a bit of torque steer.

Dan is full of top tips now and agin lol

Stuart
26-06-06, 07:28 PM
the build manual has tarmac settings and they are nearly what dan runs

mad-driver
26-06-06, 08:57 PM
My tyres wear on the inside due to neg camber, do you hve to ahve a camber adjusting kit just out of interest or can it be adjusted anyway?

Haynzee
27-06-06, 12:04 AM
tyre wear on the inside edge is often put down to negative camber, but in reality its usually down to excessive toe-out. i run my merc 190 as low as it will go and the camber is pretty shocking, but since i dialled the toe correctly, the tyres have lasted 10k with even wear.
I once had a mk3 astra which i lowered a lot and didnt bother having the tracking done, and it wasted a pair of A539's in 100 miles.

mad-driver
27-06-06, 09:20 AM
tyre wear on the inside edge is often put down to negative camber, but in reality its usually down to excessive toe-out. i run my merc 190 as low as it will go and the camber is pretty shocking, but since i dialled the toe correctly, the tyres have lasted 10k with even wear.
I once had a mk3 astra which i lowered a lot and didnt bother having the tracking done, and it wasted a pair of A539's in 100 miles.

interesting to know, though im sure i had the tracking done when i had it lowered. Makes sense what you are saying though