PDA

View Full Version : location of elec window wiring

dan23
24-06-06, 07:47 PM
how do i get to the wiring for the electric windows it seem to come from the back of the car an along the middle were it joins to the centre console

it must be in the loom at the passenenger side can i get to it by lifting up the carpet an removing the trim from below the door an what about were it goes after that near the back seat

can i just lift carpet or do have to remove seats an carpet completley ?

novamadman
24-06-06, 08:17 PM
doesnt run to back of car why would it

as far as i know it runs across dash and there will be a bit running under centre console to switches, if you cant find it theres a control box or something for the central locking which will be in the same loom as the electric window loom, follow the wires, or just take off the plastic sill trims and the kick panels and you will see the wires from there

shane

dan23
25-06-06, 01:30 AM
i ve taken centre console off the wires come from behind the front seats so i am guessing it comes along the left hand side of the car around the passenger rear foot well then down the centre to the centre console ?

i thought it would come from dash but it doesnt

Ash
25-06-06, 01:54 AM
iirc it runs behind the front seats and then along the sills, but i shoved mine all behind the dash, coz i didnt know better at the time.

A

novamadman
25-06-06, 02:04 AM
iirc it runs behind the front seats and then along the sills, but i shoved mine all behind the dash, coz i didnt know better at the time.

A

same here thats why i presumed it ran there.

shane

John
25-06-06, 10:14 AM
how do i get to the wiring for the electric windows it seem to come from the back of the car an along the middle were it joins to the centre console

it must be in the loom at the passenenger side can i get to it by lifting up the carpet an removing the trim from below the door an what about were it goes after that near the back seat

can i just lift carpet or do have to remove seats an carpet completley ?
The wiring loom for the elec windows runs under the front seats/carpets. Its a single piece loom especially for the switches. Somewhere in the middle of the car there is an earth point for the loom. It's probably easier to remove both your front seats to get at it. As far as i can remember the loom runs to/from the switches, then splits to either side of the car to go to each door and there's simply a single wire that attaches to the fuse box.:thumb: