PDA

View Full Version : 1.3 sr engine swap

Anonymous
29-01-01, 06:41 PM
I am having my 1L engine out of my nova in a week but I was Just wondering will the k&n fit on my 1.3 which i will be putting in also what kind of speeds and bhp will the 1.3 have to the 1L also would it be better to have it board out to a 1.4 and what kind of gains would this give me in power.

Anonymous
29-01-01, 11:27 PM
The will be quite alot quicker than your 1.0. What gearbox will you be using? The 1.3 will have alot more torque, but will obviously be more thirsty on petrol. I wouldn't bother boring it out (just my preference other people may think different) as I know someone who has bored a 1.3 SR out and I still dont think it is as fast as standard 1.4 SR's however it is upto you. Rather then getting it bored you could go for a new cam or carb or even twin 40's!

Anonymous
30-01-01, 08:16 AM
The 1.3 engine will have 70 bhp standard, the 1.4s have 72 bhp, so it's not worth the expense to bore it out unless it needs rebuilding anyway. You might want to fit the anti roll bars from an SR or GTE (so it doesn't handle like a boat) and some better brakes, like the 2.0 16v ones.

Anonymous
30-01-01, 05:57 PM
at least get the rear anti roll bar,the front will be benifical too.it will go loades better than ur 1l from about 55 to 70 bhp(at flywheel)if ur gonna bore it out go bigger than 1.4 that would be pointless.