PDA

View Full Version : Throtle Bodies Help ??

Anonymous
29-01-01, 06:40 PM
Can some-1 tell me What throtle bodies are? How mutch are they ?. What bhp increase you will get get and can they be fitted to a 1.2 ??

Anonymous
29-01-01, 08:01 PM
As far as I can guess there just a better way of getting more air into the engine,meaning the fuel intake can be increased and more power:-)(is that rite I dunno?)
throttle bodies for a 1.2 is prwetty pointyless,it costs a fuckin bomb!(my mate paid ?4000!!) you would be better fittin a 1.4 engine and usin the saved money to pay for insurance

Anonymous
30-01-01, 09:06 AM
Look at the Weber or SBD or Quorn engine developments page. Throttle bodies are basically like a set of twin 40s or 45s but the fuel is fired in through and injector instead of by carb jets. You need and expensive ECU to control it and it takes quite a lot of setting up,(expensive). On the up side, if it is set up right it will give similar power( usually slightly more) to twin carbs, but the best bit is the torque that can be produced because you can control fuel/timing right through the rev range. Its really a track or rally mod not for a 1.2, a bigger engine would be a better option.

Anonymous
30-01-01, 10:23 AM
they cost 2k for a 2.0 16v engine and give LOADSA bhp.
eg standard engine except strengthened conrods = 208bhp!
i wouldn't bother on a 1.2, i'd put a bigger engine in.

Anonymous
30-01-01, 12:10 PM
yer can get em from demon tweeks for bout ?999. bi you can get em much cheeper than that :)