PDA

View Full Version : has anyone ever . . .

benfredjosh
22-06-06, 07:34 PM
He yahs anyone ever mount and engine in the rear of the nova? by say mounting a cavalier/ calibra subframe into the rear of the car and sittign the car on the standard mounts in the rear using driveshafts? if so pics would be great??? especially of gear linkages etc? just a consideration . . .

Ash
22-06-06, 11:40 PM
i cant remember if it wasa nova or what, but i did see a whole front end of an astra gsi in the back of a car, headlights, grill - i think it even had wings (not the red bull kind) i'll have a quick look about 4 u.

A

benfredjosh
23-06-06, 09:48 AM
^nice oen mate , i am just thinking about how an engine could be mounted i nthe rear of a nova? to run a nice mid engine / rear engine nova? would be very good 1/4mile as of the weight on the rear

Ash
24-06-06, 02:03 AM
couldnt find that one, but there is always regals 'beast' nova, but that has a longer and wider wheel base, and lots and lots of shafts and gibbons under it for the gears and shizzle.

A

draper
24-06-06, 02:07 AM
but regals nova is awseome !! 0-62 in less than 3 seconds !!!!

benfredjosh
24-06-06, 08:09 AM
:O regal whos this???

Stuart
24-06-06, 09:12 AM
shame regal didnt actually do ANY of the work on it.... EDS in germany built and tuned it.

Chip on Migweb has a rear engine nova, maybe if you suck him off or something he'll provide pics

mad-driver
24-06-06, 11:38 AM
shame regal didnt actually do ANY of the work on it.... EDS in germany built and tuned it.

Chip on Migweb has a rear engine nova, maybe if you suck him off or something he'll provide pics

LOL let the truth be known Stu :D Is an awesome car though

General Baxter
24-06-06, 12:20 PM
there will be no point in making a sub frame fit, as the only part that bolts to the sub frame is the rear gearbox mount, you would still need to make engine and front box mounts,

db_1.2
24-06-06, 12:33 PM
Wouldnt the car have very poor handling due to the fact the car was made for the engine to sit in the front? perhaps if it had also a front engine it would balance out ok but still be heavy, but just get a quick rack?

Lee
24-06-06, 12:40 PM
Wouldnt the car have very poor handling due to the fact the car was made for the engine to sit in the front? ?

Bingo!

I remember a thread very similar to this about 6 months ago!