View Full Version : Tuning & ECU changes

Jos
22-06-06, 10:32 AM
Right, I've currently got my engine in pieces, in search of a problem that's eluding me (see thread "Car not starting...") and I've decided that I may aswell do a small amount of work on it whilst I have easy access.

It's an SRi with a C14SE engine, I've already got a ported/polished & skimmed head, with performance valves to fit.

What other, not too expensive options can I look at? Possibly a Piper cam?

Also, will the ECU take engine tunning into consideration, or will I need it re-mapping? Obviously, the best thing would be to purchase some upgrade, but that's most likely out of my price league for the time being.

Thanks in advance, Jos.

Adam
22-06-06, 03:01 PM
The standard ecu cannot be re-mapped.

You could try a cam, but its a lot of money to spend if the ecu doesn't like it and the engine doesn't run too well with it.

partytownsri
22-06-06, 05:42 PM
i've got an sri with a ported and polished head, a 4 branch manifold about ?120, a powerboost valve ?85, and then i bought a full piper cam kit including the cam, followers, lifters, vernier pulley, single springs and some lube for about ?475 but i have had trouble with it spluttering at 5000 revs but i found out that it was the piper springs not being strong enough, so i had to get a set of double springs which did the job and it beats gsi's all over.

novadicko
22-06-06, 05:42 PM
my mate got early corsa with that engine he put piper cam, air filter and exhaust and took it place near me called W.G.T and wen it went in was 61 bhp and wen it come out still only 73 bhp. all he asked for is a rollin road tune thay said thay can put a piggy back ecu or summit but tey dint give him a price. y so little power engine done 120k tho.