PDA

View Full Version : Paint

db_1.2
21-06-06, 06:44 PM
Where can i buy litres of paint for my car? I obviously want it as cheap as possible so if anyone could show me the way i would greatly appreicaite it, im looking for a mettalic blue of some sort:thumb:

Stuart
21-06-06, 07:05 PM
take cash down to your local reasonable bodyshop and ask for a cash no recipt nessecary litre of paint..... should get it atleast 17.5% off ;)

i paid about ?45 a litre for my paint from a bodyshop in basildon

SRlew
21-06-06, 07:07 PM
theres a place near me that sells some paint off cheap as it was un wanted by the person or somthing.

db_1.2
21-06-06, 07:13 PM
i found litres of flip paint on ebay from bristol, 85 quid a litre, i asked if he could suply me with enough to cover the car and enough laqour (2k) but how many litres of each do i need?

Rexy
21-06-06, 07:27 PM
I paid ?60 for 3lt of paint, from supertune, threw my work tho.

db_1.2
21-06-06, 10:42 PM
right, sorted out some paint, its flip paint (the orangey one, althought can get any coler of flip for 85 quid a litre) anyway sorted out the paint, base coat, and laqer, (all 2litres) all together it cost.........?205 quid! personally i think thats a f*cking steal! I said if anyone else is interested i will give contact details for this steal! anyone interested?

Welsh Dan
22-06-06, 06:16 AM
Its only a steal if you can actually make a good job of getting it on the car ;).

db_1.2
22-06-06, 02:39 PM
Lol well im not doing it myself hopefully the other guy should be able to do a good job? is it the same as aplying normal paint?

Stuart
22-06-06, 03:23 PM
erm i used about 4.5 litres of paint to get two and a bit thin coats on the car....

db_1.2
22-06-06, 03:27 PM
:tard: well i bought 2L of base coat (black) 2L of flip paint and 2L of 2k laqour , also how much do you lot think it will be for them to actually spray my car? i will be taking majority of panels off, and kit off as i need to replace a few anyway so all they will be doing is preping the car ans sprayin

Stuart
22-06-06, 03:48 PM
you really need 4 litres per base colour... but ive never sprayed flip.. maybe sexy rexy can help

nathan.
22-06-06, 06:36 PM
It costs me ?19 per litre at a local paint supplies.
That is for cellulose though, not 2k

Rexy
22-06-06, 07:53 PM
Look to pay about 1k dependant on prep needed, We charged a bloke ?500 for a corsa blow-over. Few repairs, Nowt major, took about 2/3hrs work.

With you stripping it, it could actually work both ways as most, well a lot of body shops just mask everything out, if you strip it theres more paint to be put down on edges etc etc. With a full colour change, it will obv use a fair bit more paint. as you need a base coat, coat then final coats.

My nova saloon has 3lt of paint 2k DG and im using about half a ltr of Anoter light blue as a base i will piss a colour change easily.

My baby blue nova took 2lt of paint, again this was a full color change but half the car was in primer and we only sprayed the exterior/door edges. Paint used was glasuric(spelling) should of cost ?70 per ltr *this was a standar 2k DG* **** hot paint tho :D

Stuart
22-06-06, 07:59 PM
that was only an exterior blow over though? as i used double that for a fully stripped job lol

nva_sr
22-06-06, 10:11 PM
so any body now any local to me for good blow overs just to tidy the out side up a bit plz

Stuart
22-06-06, 10:23 PM
:mf:

also start your own thread in styling if you want more info. or use google lazy mofo :p

db_1.2
22-06-06, 10:52 PM
im only looking for exterior anyway really, my friend got an exterior job done on an old 205 5door, cost him 250 all together including paint and labour, i know you probably think its bullsh*t but, somethings down here are cheap this wasnt done by a garage as such, so he's trying to fix me up with him for the job

Pillar
27-06-06, 11:25 AM
You will need another litre of lac. 2l of basecoat will be fine as you will probly mix it 2-1. do a few test cards before painting the car try your black also try white you will be suprised with the difference in colours. You will be better off painting the car with all panels on cos the flip wont match:mad: , it will be goin in all directions ;)

db_1.2
27-06-06, 06:17 PM
You will need another litre of lac. 2l of basecoat will be fine as you will probly mix it 2-1. do a few test cards before painting the car try your black also try white you will be suprised with the difference in colours. You will be better off painting the car with all panels on cos the flip wont match:mad: , it will be goin in all directions ;)

Lol ok thanks alot thats very useful as i was going to take the majority of panels off!:thumb: