PDA

View Full Version : yet more annoying problems

chimp007_uk
21-06-06, 05:08 PM
i havent had a good week...
it started when the fuel diaphragm damper on my nova gte rusted to bits and p***** fuel everywhere, and now i wake up this morning and started driving to work and my car is behaving very odd.
1) it seems to have a missfire, seems to jolt when driving along
2) theres a rattle when i accelerate. sounds like a washer spinning on a bolt but nothing is loose. doesnt do it when you put the car in nuetral and rev it, only when driving.
3) the idle goes from normal 800ish up 1500 and holds it there for 4/5secs and then drops and then does the same again and again and again...

've checked for air leaks and cleaned out the airflow sensor, but still does it. even chahnged the chipped ecu back to the standard one but still does it.

please help, i need the car for work in the morning so really want to sort it tonight.
cheers
chris

Adam
21-06-06, 05:14 PM
Did you undo/change anything before the rattle started?

chimp007_uk
21-06-06, 05:34 PM
no
started the car this morning and drove to work at 6.30... its just odd. the timing might be out which is causing the missfire, but again i havent done anything to it

chimp007_uk
21-06-06, 06:42 PM
sorted, for now... te rattling sound must have been pinking :( i adjusted the ignition and it's sorted both the idling and the rattling. the missfire is still there but the car needs tuning properly once i've fitted the fuel pressure reg and given it a complete service.