PDA

View Full Version : leky windows

Anonymous
28-01-01, 12:48 AM
right lads need ur help, its only on the drivers side but when i press the button to undo the window, the window sticks after its come down about 2 inches and i have to push it down with my hand. any ideas, its pissing me off.

Anonymous
28-01-01, 10:52 PM
I've had this ickle problem, first take you door card off and have a look at the runner (silver bit) and see if it has a dent in it, if so this will cause the window to come down wonkey, But you have to replace the whole window cos the runner is very differcult to remove without breaking the window. If the runner is ok then the problem is with the guide channels, and quick bodge is to run some light oil down the sides of the window and work it up and down, this is a quick bodge but the above methods combined fixed mine, but don't force it cos the regulator will bend

Anonymous
29-01-01, 02:19 AM
I used to get this, but only in damp weather - the rubber seamed to warp with the cold and damp and really squeak.
All I did was spray on special rubber lubricant, that's designed for this job!
It's the stuff that you can spray on the tailgate rubber to stop it squeaking. Try that first, or failing that, ordinary WD40 will probably do the job too.
It that doesn't work, do like Pwaulo suggests, and check the runners for kinks etc.
You should be able to remove the runner without breaking the glass though!

Wind the window all the way down, and liberally spray all the vertical rubber area you can see. Then, from inside the door, with the window up, spray again on the other parts of the runner.
The runners are rubber, with a felt-type covering, and this gets full of crap with age, so it's probably a good idea to scrape these out with a screw driver or similar, before spraying with any lubricant.

Anonymous
29-01-01, 11:35 AM
halfords vinal and rubber lube will sort it fine

Anonymous
29-01-01, 08:39 PM
I fitted new seals/guide channel rubbers to mine, it sorted the problem but they`re not cheep!