PDA

View Full Version : **BTB Stainless Exhaust Manifold GROUP BUY**

tom_beverley
20-06-06, 08:02 PM
With reference to topic found at http://www.novaload.net/forum/showthread.php?t=64265 (pics of manifold on page 2) I have been in contact with BTB Exhaust regarding a possible discount for a group buy of stainless steel exhaust manifolds.

I have found it frustrating with the lack of exhaust manifolds made from stainless steel for the Nova. However, BTB have offered a stainless version of their mild steel manifold. These manifolds offer a very good design and improve the engine breathing a lot. I'm not sure on how much bhp it will add, but BTB have a good reputation, details of the company can be seen here http://http://www.racecar.co.uk/btb/

They sell for ?426+VAT but with a minimum of 5 orders we can take advantage of a 25% discount. That works out at ?375.41, quite a lot but you are getting a stainless manifold which will never rust!

If there is a lot of interest and get 10+ orders then I might be cheeky and ask if its possible to get a bit more discount ;)

Anyone interested?

novamadman
21-06-06, 01:54 AM
are these going to be for any particular engine

could be interested if you can haggle the price down

shane

tom_beverley
22-06-06, 07:53 PM
They are designed for the 1.6 engine but will fit 1200-1600 as the exhaust ports are the same.

They will come with the hole for Lambda sensor but this can be blanked off if it is not required.

Reply to this thread if you are interested, the more people I can get together the cheaper the manifolds will be, even if I can only get it down a little more its a stainless manifold with one of if not the best designs available.

novamadman
22-06-06, 08:53 PM
i will probably take one just want to know a bit more.

what are they going to mate to - they wont be suitable to any type of exhaust surely.

shane

tom_beverley
24-06-06, 01:36 PM
I have been in touch and I can confirm they will fit any other 1.6 system, they can also offer a manifold specifically designed for the 1.4 engine and that also will fit any other system.

novamadman
24-06-06, 02:47 PM
i take it im the only on interested lol doesnt look like it will happen

shane

tom_beverley
24-06-06, 04:07 PM
Looks like it mate! :(

RJM25R
24-06-06, 04:23 PM
Try JP exhausts, they make an exact copy of the SBD spec c exhaust in stainless, which is the one btb sell

Geth
24-06-06, 07:07 PM
I was interested when you first mentiond this in the original thread but that's a lot of money. And if they're making them for the 1.6 I don't really want to be putting one on my 1.3, especially if I'd have to change the rest of my stainless system which is only 6 months old.

Sorry Mate.

novamadman
24-06-06, 07:10 PM
I was interested when you first mentiond this in the original thread but that's a lot of money. And if they're making them for the 1.6 I don't really want to be putting one on my 1.3, especially if I'd have to change the rest of my stainless system which is only 6 months old.

Sorry Mate.

it is a lot of money at the end of the day could be spent in other places, think ill give it a miss as i allready have a new 4 branch little point wasting it, and like bassboy said if its for a 1600, i have a new stainless janspeed for 13sr to go on my 1200 cost ?320 and then manifold was nearly 100 so dont wana go choppin and cuttin

do u have any pics of ones done before

shane

Nick
24-06-06, 07:16 PM
May i state out...

The Manifolds on a 1.6 nova are quite efficient to start off with. Basically, there isn't massive amounts of room for improvment.

Buying An Ashley Steel manifold is probably the best bet. It's about a 1/4 of the price of the BTB stainless, and it's actually based on old GM dealsport design. So it works well !

novamadman
24-06-06, 07:22 PM
lol - i have a stainless janspeed from manifold back, and my m8 bought a mild steel ashley 4 branch and full system but he cudnt use manifold as he cudnt be bothered welding bit on for lambda probe sensor. anyway im using it now and the welds are in the indside limiting about a 1/4 of the flow which was pretty poor to be honest, its sorted now so not really a problem but would be nice when you spend the money to get what you pay for so i cant say much for the ashley exhausts

shane

Nick
25-06-06, 10:51 PM
well mine isn't like that at all.

tom_beverley
26-06-06, 06:43 PM
Theres a pic on the thread on the previous page, but of a mild steel one.

I agree it is a lot of money that could be spent elsewhere, but I was hoping others wanted a top stainless manifold like I do and take advantage of a bit of discount!

Due to the high price of stainless would anyone even consider the mild steel one? Maybe just wrap it to help prevent rust?

That is ?213+VAT with 25% discount.

novamadman
26-06-06, 07:43 PM
Theres a pic on the thread on the previous page, but of a mild steel one.

I agree it is a lot of money that could be spent elsewhere, but I was hoping others wanted a top stainless manifold like I do and take advantage of a bit of discount!

Due to the high price of stainless would anyone even consider the mild steel one? Maybe just wrap it to help prevent rust?

That is ?213+VAT with 25% discount.

!!!! thats really dear for just a 4 branch m8, why dont you just by one from ashley/janspeed whoever

shane

tom_beverley
26-06-06, 08:15 PM
Haven't heard many good things about Ashley ones, a Janspeed I would consider but where from, guess I've got a little to attached to the idea of a BTB one since they are meant to be best. :tard: They are expensive but like a lot of things you get what you pay for.

Nova Full
27-06-06, 09:05 AM
I've got a SBD Manifold (which I believe is made by BTB) on my X16XE Nova, I have to say is does look fantasically made