PDA

View Full Version : Butchered C20let Pipework

Jeff16v
20-06-06, 10:00 AM
:confused: Chaps, having taken delivery of my C20let engine, it seems that some of the hoses have been cut in half to remove the engine.

Does anyone have pics of where the pipework goes and what shape they are?

I looked for a Haynes manual and the one they sell doesn't cover the 4x4 (turbo).

This will be a real problem soon as the engines going in the car in two weeks.

R1CH
20-06-06, 06:25 PM
I tried looking for a coolant diagram a while ago but there doesn't seem to be one, which ones are you stuck on ? i've recently done mine so might be able to help.

Rich

Jeff16v
21-06-06, 12:14 PM
I need to confirm where to put the intercooler and whats pipes go to and from and to where, i'm also not sure where to rad out goes to. Do you have any pics?

craig green
21-06-06, 05:17 PM
:confused: it seems that some of the hoses have been cut in half to remove the engine.

STOLEN?

Jeff16v
21-06-06, 07:13 PM
definately not, just taken out in a hurry.

the engine is from this one.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4636796485&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

nova-lyf
21-06-06, 07:24 PM
i no the lad who built that terquiose nova could ask him some questions

The Simps
21-06-06, 11:55 PM
There's 2 pipes coming off the turbo that are for water. One to top right of rad the ohter to header tank.

Other oulet on left of turbo goes to large crankcase breather with a small pipe coming off half way along to amal valve.

Small water hose from under left of inlet manifold goes to header tank.

Left inlet on turbo goes to AFM.

Bottom left of turbo goes to intercooler inlet. Intercooler outlet goes to intake plenum on manifold.

Any others you need? Can take pics if needed but not til the weekend.

Simps.

Jeff16v
22-06-06, 09:08 AM
Hi Simps, thanks for the help. Pics would be great if its not to much trouble.

Unfortunately i don't have much knowledge on the C20 let yet.

To everyopne else, thanks, i'm hoping to get the car ready for Trax this year. Just waiting for the bodyshop to pull there finger out and get the welding finshed and repray to bugger.

Spec - K reg Gsi, C20 let engine, rear disc, turbo front brakes, respray in jet black, flush boot.:thumb:

Rupean
01-09-06, 07:09 PM
ever get it running, was a good engine when i had it.

Jeff16v
08-09-06, 12:43 PM
i took my old engine out and the garage has had my car since march and still haven't done the engine bay welding. I think the garage wants me to get the car out now because they don't want to do the work.

:cry: