PDA

View Full Version : Broken Corsa C

dannyb
19-06-06, 05:40 PM
A friend has an 02 plate 1.7 turbo diesel Corsa C with 110,000 on the clock, he's recently taken it to Vauxhall as the ECU has packed up and they want ?800 for rectifying it. What would this car be worth in its current non-running state? It has Welded in Macro buckets and an Arden Blue painted interior (bits of the centre console etc). The rest of the mods are revesable (wheels, ICE). Is it worth fixing or should he break it for parts and invest the ?800 fixing money into a new car? Where could he go about selling a decent clean shell with a broken engine? Thank you on Al's behalf!

valver500
19-06-06, 05:45 PM
Surely you could just get a second hand ecu from a breakers yard/scrap yard and use that im sure they would want less than ?30 for an ecu!

db_1.2
19-06-06, 07:00 PM
Surely you could just get a second hand ecu from a breakers yard/scrap yard and use that im sure they would want less than ?30 for an ecu!

Christ thats cheap mate! I wouldnt say you would get one for that at a breakers, personally i would sell the corsa, but i dont like them, always thought they were a hair dressers car - hense i gotta nova!:D

Stanley
19-06-06, 07:39 PM
dont mean to advertise, but try all breakers first. (my work www.usedcarparts.co.uk - 01387-264-813 ask for stan)

vaux will hump you for anything like

fearless
19-06-06, 10:20 PM
Fuel Pump ECU's going faulty (Caused by high temperatures transfered from the block) are a common fault on those engines - Gives a fault code of 'Spill Valve Malfunction')

We do loads of these at work - And yes they are very expensive from Vauxhall !!! - Loads appear on Ebay and don't require programming in to that specific car - So it's just Plug n Play !!!

Dave

dannyb
20-06-06, 05:00 PM
Firstly, thank you Fearless and everyone else! Feraless, how much would you say is the going rate for a fuel pump ECU from ebay, and what would I need to look for to make sure its the right part?

Mike
20-06-06, 05:11 PM
Firstly, thank you Fearless and everyone else! Feraless, how much would you say is the going rate for a fuel pump ECU from ebay, and what would I need to look for to make sure its the right part?

i dont mean to be rude but go and check :wtf:

dannyb
20-06-06, 05:40 PM
i dont mean to be rude but go and check :wtf:

I have checked, but I'm not sure what the engine code for the C's Diesel is (Y17DT?). I have seen one for an Astra van on eBay for ?10 (which seems very cheap) but I'm not sure if this will work. There seems to be a massive discrepancy in the price between this one, and the ones from Vauxhall Spares Centre which are ?300 a go, so its either a bargain and VSC is making a fair old profit or I'm comparing the wrong part!

LUV2XLR8
20-06-06, 05:44 PM
just change the whole engine ;)

LUV2XLR8
20-06-06, 05:44 PM
as in put a big petrol lump in :D

draper
20-06-06, 05:49 PM
dont mean to advertise, but try all breakers first. (my work www.usedcarparts.co.uk (http://www.usedcarparts.co.uk) - 01387-264-813 ask for stan)

vaux will hump you for anything like

my sort of job, i can take stuff apart but fail miserably to put it back together lol

dannyb
20-06-06, 05:55 PM
Not my car mate, been trying to explain this but my mate seems to have given up on the Vauxhalls and is turning Japanese...

fearless
21-06-06, 12:53 PM
Engine code will be Y17DT - same control unit as fitted to Corsas, Merivas and Astra

Dave

John
24-06-06, 04:06 PM
Dave, doesn't the meriva run the Z17dtl/h engine? I've not seen one with a Y17dt?? I may be wrong though.

fearless
24-06-06, 08:41 PM
Yeh - now you mention it - I'm probably wrong !! - I don't remember seeing a y17dt in a meriva

Dave