PDA

View Full Version : reboring inlet manifold

kronk10
19-06-06, 12:02 PM
Hi i want to rebore my 1.3 irmscher inlet manifold to fit my 1.4 head (or is this the same as a port and polish) is this possible and who in derbyshire can do it. And if i do rebore my inlet manifold will i have to setup my twin webbers again . How can you tell what cylinder head i have got i know they are stamped are they differently stamped etc. Oh does anyone know a good rolling road in the derbyshire area:confused::confused:

Mike
19-06-06, 12:12 PM
"Shenpar" racing engines in Derby will do that.

it is possible as my irmscher inlet manifold has been rebored to 32mm dia, the same as my Corsa SRi head.

Stuart
19-06-06, 12:27 PM
when you say 1.4 head i hope you mean the SRI head and NOT the crappy carb/spi head

Adam
19-06-06, 01:17 PM
Its a 1.4SR so you will have the square port head.

Altering the inlet will change how the car runs as your altering gas flow etc.

Get a SRi head, and a GTE t40 inlet, or mod the your inlet to fit a 1.4SRi head.

polly
19-06-06, 08:14 PM
or just put a 1.2/1.3 head on

kronk10
19-06-06, 09:54 PM
right peeps i have spoke to a guy in staffordshire (forgot what company though:tard:) he told me to source a 1.6 head (does it matter which head a gte or gsi) and bring my car down he will port my heads and get the ports matching etc etc fit everything and get it running sweet. Will the cam in a 1.6 engine be able to handle it !!!???. And what gains would i be looking at if i fit a 1.6 head and twin webbers with my full sytem and would i need a new exhaust manifold!!

Adam
19-06-06, 11:27 PM
You want a 1.4SRi head.
A standard SRi head would probably add 6-8bhp.
If you still have a standard cam then stick with the 1.4SR cam.

Keep the same exhaust manifold as all exhaust ports are the same shape.

Mike
20-06-06, 05:25 PM
here you go >

http://www.shenpar.com/racehist.php

very good at what they do tbh. my mate uses him sometimes for engines for his rally cars.

Novasport
20-06-06, 08:12 PM
D&B carburettors in Nottingham are good for advice on setting up.
They helped me with my old Sport and I highly recommend them

johnny27
20-06-06, 09:00 PM
are you sure your head is a 1.4 sri mpi? the one you want the manifold to match? If not then you need a 1.4sri head. Don't think it would be possible or as simple as porting to match a 1300 inlet to a 1400 carb or spi head, but possible with the 1300 manifold to match a mpi 1400 head.

1400 sr cam (carb version) would be good to use, although i reckon you should go for an aftermarket 285 or maybe stretch to 295 (depends on driving style) A 285 would run well with the sri head, t40s and manifold, it would be good to get the 285 fitted now because your going to get your carbs setup anyhow for your new spec (head) So no point in having to rejet again if you fit it later
I reckon you would regret not switching cams when you could have more power and its convenient to do it now before the setup.