PDA

View Full Version : Arch mods..

Anonymous
25-01-01, 03:11 PM
OK, if i do have to modify the arches which is the best way to go about it. Should i grind a few mm off of them or get them rolled up. Should i do it myself or get it done at a body shop. Finally how much would it cost to get them rolled professionally.
Cheers,
Tony.

Anonymous
25-01-01, 03:29 PM
get them done at a body shop, if they damage it they have to do it themselves.

Anonymous
25-01-01, 07:28 PM
I've got the wrong offset wheels on my car and had to have the inner lip cut and then folded, this hasn't solved the problem of rubbing, so the sprayer is physically pulling my arches out to give me clearance for a 30mm drop, he reckons he can get the arches pulled out another 15-20mm. If he's as good as he says, I shouldn't be able to notice the work. Ask around at body shops and see what they say, some will offer to weld new arches in.
Good luck, Jim

Anonymous
25-01-01, 07:28 PM
I've got the wrong offset wheels on my car and had to have the inner lip cut and then folded, this hasn't solved the problem of rubbing, so the sprayer is physically pulling my arches out to give me clearance for a 30mm drop, he reckons he can get the arches pulled out another 15-20mm. If he's as good as he says, I shouldn't be able to notice the work. Ask around at body shops and see what they say, some will offer to weld new arches in.
Good luck, Jim

Anonymous
25-01-01, 08:55 PM
okay u need to read the guide on this site

if u got mk2 then u may be able to grind a few mm off but as the guide says no 2 novas are the same so best bet is wait until the thieving bastards are pinching sumbody elses car and stick the 2 back wheels on. now see how much they catch. u should have no probs with the front mate