PDA

View Full Version : my nova's interior

milfhunter
17-06-06, 06:06 PM
as i said in my other thread ive put my nova on a diet. all theres left is 2 GTE seats and the dash

the thing is she's been sprayed black but was originally white. The floor is white n rear inner arches are white. it looks like theres been some welding done on the rear arches aswell.

so heres my dilema.... shall i go all the way and spray her a pukka black all inside, the floor n inner rear arches or just hammerite her black?? shes old so i dont want to spend too much as shes on her last 2 wheels *cries*

all ideas welcome!!

Doug

dannyb
18-06-06, 03:41 PM
Go for a colour which compliments the GTE seats perhaps? Black is a good choice as it matches the shell but it makes the whole interior a little gloomy at night, much like a MK2 Golf! The level of work you put in is up to you, I'd just clean it and spray a bit of hammerite about as my Nova is a working car that is definitely not concours!

SRlew
18-06-06, 05:11 PM
yer just hammerite paint it or somthing,i painted the rear boot floor of mine with hammerite, looked ok as it aint a show car.
if you spray it you'll have to mask every thing up which could take a while.

lew

Welsh Dan
18-06-06, 05:53 PM
I'd just get a tin of hammerite and a brush :).

Mike
19-06-06, 05:04 PM
I'd just get a tin of hammerite and a brush :).

lol, you may aswell do it properly and mask stuff up as it'll look neater when finished. :thumb:

Welsh Dan
19-06-06, 10:04 PM
Masking stuff off goes without saying, as does cleaning the surface tbh :p.

milfhunter
20-06-06, 09:09 AM
cheers guys. looks like ill have to get the hammerite out!!ha ill defo clean it first, its bout as dirty as my local hospital.ill put some pics up when im done.

milfhunter
03-07-06, 09:48 AM
ive read the prep links but it doesnt say anything bout cleanin the preped area!!i was thinkin meths n a lint free cloth maybe?

craig green
05-07-06, 01:33 PM
Shine from a Black might glare & reflect off the windscreen etc.

I like the grey that you see inside works touring cars etc.

Ste L
05-07-06, 02:08 PM
matt black or grey as craig said