PDA

View Full Version : rev limiter advice

sr-rompa
16-06-06, 01:43 PM
how would you fit one of the above to a 1.4sr and would it be beniftal :confused:

Stuart
16-06-06, 03:36 PM
erm std engine.... no benefit unless you like to rag round all day long lol

Mike
16-06-06, 04:42 PM
erm std engine.... no benefit unless you like to rag round all day long lol

agreed. not even worth fitting to a standard engine. However, if you got a few ???'s on your engine (not just a manifold + system, proper tunning!) it could be a worth while investment :thumb:

johnny27
16-06-06, 06:37 PM
on a tuned engine, its a good saftey device. On my old t40 lump, it would rev very high, due to the tuning involved, but particularly with the 1.2 short stroke block and a very high compression head, i had a armtech limiter fitted with additonal launch control and full throttle shift.
When i said its a saftey device it was because, when changing from 1st to 2nd at 7000rpm and missed a gear the block would have easily busted on my std rods and rod bolts.
And its easy to miss a gear when driving hard, also i found in nova's when reving high (7000rpm and over) the gear change/shift seems more difficult at high rpm, its sorta gets hard to put in the rite position for gear, plus you are more consicous that you have to shift fast

tom_beverley
17-06-06, 04:36 PM
I've just added a Omex Clubman with Launch Control (bargain ?51 brand new on Ebay haha) to mine after dropping two valves on my old 1.4SR head. Now I've invested a few ??? and have a Blydenstein B+ head, T40 Dellortos, Kent Cam I don't really want to be repeating my 2nd to 1st (instead of 3rd) gear change and doing the same again and ruining this nice bit of kit.

If it stayed standard I wouldn't have bothered but its more for piece of mind 'just in case'! I've got mine set to 7500, very rarely go that high anyway but when I have it seems the right point to limit it.

Adam
17-06-06, 06:13 PM
when changing from 1st to 2nd at 7000rpm and missed a gear the block would have easily busted on my std rods and rod bolts.
Does the limiter work down the gears tho?

Standard injection engines have a limiter but if you put it in 1st at 80mph it would still go bang.

Edit-For some reason i read that as changing from 2nd to 1st at 7K rpm lol

Stuart
17-06-06, 06:47 PM
thats called buzzing. and there is no way a limiter can protect for that