PDA

View Full Version : Donnington Park Track Evening

MARTIN KELSON
16-06-06, 09:16 AM
Hi all,

Me and a mate have just booked a track evening on Friday 7th July from 5.30-7.30 @ Donnington Park.

I'am going in the Nova and mate has a track prepared Pug 106 Rallye.
If anybody wants to come and join us its ?99 for the 3hrs open pit lane.

Or if anybody wants to come and show us some support, and i have a spare seat next to me if you fancy a passenger ride!!!

Cheers

Martin

benji
16-06-06, 10:27 AM
i might be there. it depends if my 1400 has been sold by then. grrr. thats annoyed me now. the engines supposed to be going next week. i'll have to rush the 2.0l conversion i think. i'll take first refusal on that passenger ride though :)

Lee
16-06-06, 10:48 AM
If me gash has healed up by then i may be convinced to have a play as i missed PV and Combe this weekend!

Come on the scab!

karl Rowntree
16-06-06, 10:56 PM
Count me in Martin, wont be on track mate but will come along for the laugh;)

Karl

nathan.
17-06-06, 11:30 AM
Hmmmm, think i'll be pushing it a bit to make this one.:(

SRlew
17-06-06, 11:55 AM
i might be up for this if i get my new engine fitted in time.

benji my money has cleared now mate, hows thursday for the pick up?

MARTIN KELSON
17-06-06, 05:04 PM
Count me in Martin, wont be on track mate but will come along for the laugh;)

Karl

Your more than welcome mate.
As your a Donnington Park expert maybe you can come in with me and pass on your knowledge.

Do you, or do you know anybody who might lend me a window camera mount? Got access to me dads video camera just nothing to mount it to!

Martin.

karl Rowntree
18-06-06, 09:15 PM
Would be a pleasure mate;)

Its the same weekend as billing, you up for driving down there after mate? I will be going but willing to come down to Donnington on the way.

Will ask around about a mount mate.

Karl

The Simps
18-06-06, 11:24 PM
I'm hoping to do this one mate as long as my engines in or I'll share sessions with my mate in his evo.

Its full GP circuit on that day too ;)

Simps.

p.s. fookin love donington!

MARTIN KELSON
19-06-06, 09:00 AM
No cant do Billing i'am at a wedding that weekend!!

nathan.
19-06-06, 05:39 PM
Its full GP circuit on that day too ;)

:confused: Are you sure Simps? they don't usually let cars do the gp circuit on track days. They do bikes!

The Simps
19-06-06, 07:13 PM
when I was there earlier in the month they handed out flyers for up and coming events etc (good because site is never up to date!) and next to 7th July it said GP Circuit. Lets hope I'm not wrong!

Simps.

nathan.
19-06-06, 09:48 PM
when I was there earlier in the month they handed out flyers for up and coming events etc (good because site is never up to date!) and next to 7th July it said GP Circuit. Lets hope I'm not wrong!

Simps.

Schwweeeet! ;)
I'd love to do gp circuit. ive done national circuit 4 times

The Simps
19-06-06, 11:05 PM
I'd like to do it too but I'm so used to doing the national circuit I can see things going a little Pete Tong! lmao

Simps.

benji
19-06-06, 11:30 PM
oooh that would be good!! i'm gonna try and get my car done in time

MARTIN KELSON
20-06-06, 08:36 AM
Yea according to there web site its the full track.

My god that extra part they use is going to be tight. Will get that diff working overtime!

Just waiting for new pads to come today for the 4 pots, got some ATE super blue brake fluid to go in then i'am ready to go.................i think!!!

Never done a track day before, only Trax at Silverstone and Curborough sprint track so will be getting a little nervous!

karl Rowntree
20-06-06, 06:36 PM
If you get too nervous Martin i will take the car round for you;) lol

fearless
20-06-06, 07:39 PM
Just a few words of advise from me Martin

Never back off

It always works for me !! - as long as you know where your going !!!
You know it makes sense - LOL

Dave

nov4801
20-06-06, 08:55 PM
i might turn up to this but not goin on the track will come dwn for the laugh what time u lot thinkin of gettin there

MARTIN KELSON
21-06-06, 10:29 AM
Just a few words of advise from me Martin

Never back off

It always works for me !! - as long as you know where your going !!!
You know it makes sense - LOL

Dave

Yea thanks Dave i will bear that in mind!!

I think we need to get there for about 4.30 for a 5.00 briefing then 5.30 out to play!!

graham kirkbride
21-06-06, 02:53 PM
hi lads!!1 If i finish work in time i will pop down to see you all as im just building my track beast(nova) now,and could do with seeing a few of you out on track. for a few pointers :thumb:

MARTIN KELSON
11-07-06, 09:21 AM
Hi,
Just got back to work after my 1st track evening.
It went ok i suppose for first attempt. Had Benji in car for one of the sessions.....Sorry mate! We had a little spin at about 120mph braking for chicane onto start / finish straight.

Made we want either full slicks or some road legal cut slicks if i can get them to fit.

Had a good time but need more grip and definetly more driver skill!!!

SRlew
11-07-06, 09:38 AM
what was it like then mate for a first time. i want to start doing trackdays but never done one before.

a little spin lol think i would have a heart attack if i had your car, wouldnt want to crash that!

MARTIN KELSON
11-07-06, 12:20 PM
It was good mate.
Would like to have a proper track car with full cage, slicks etc on a trailer.

Was a bit of a worry when i was spinning with a Porsche on either side and my mate behind, and i was facing into them at about ????mph!!!

Chris
11-07-06, 12:26 PM
your car looked nice Mart, shame mine was being moody though, was gutted when the shaft went I was just starting to get in to it.

Chris

benji
11-07-06, 05:10 PM
it was good fun. it's not a proper trackday without a spin!! i was impressed how you stayed on the bumber of that 911 all the way down the main straight. 1 more lap and you would have had him. makes me want my car finished

SRlew
11-07-06, 05:38 PM
It was good mate.
Would like to have a proper track car with full cage, slicks etc on a trailer.

yer same here mate, mines going to turn into one bit by bit.

carnt wait to go to a track now!

MARTIN KELSON
11-07-06, 07:16 PM
If i didnt spin i wasn't trying!!!
Would rather not have though to be honest as it could have been expensive!

I was impressed the Porsche GT3 couldn't pass me.
Just going into garage now to see what damage i have done!!

draper
11-07-06, 07:59 PM
sounds like you all had fun !! any pics of the action ?

The Simps
11-07-06, 08:12 PM
There's quite a few sessions in August so hoping to make them! Couple of evening ones too with open pit lane - there the best.

Simps.

jamie gsi16v
12-07-06, 12:57 AM
keep me posted i will come, keeping my nova now and making it 4x4 this winter but gona give it some abuse before hand, keep me posted benji

benji
12-07-06, 07:18 PM
aug the 18th is looking good. failing that it will be a evening session or 2. i need to fit my engine first though.

nathan.
12-07-06, 07:23 PM
Hmmmm. Mine should be ready for then Ben. :thumb:

SRlew
12-07-06, 09:22 PM
yer ben keep me posted on when some are happening, so i can see if i can make it.

jamie gsi16v
12-07-06, 10:23 PM
aug the 18th is looking good. failing that it will be a evening session or 2. i need to fit my engine first though.

hurry up and get it done then!! let me no if u need a hand and il pop round j