PDA

View Full Version : engine stabiliser kit

doug_sri
15-06-06, 11:52 PM
Has anyone made an engine stabiliser kit for there nova. Thinking about making one for my xe nova to stop the engine moving as much as it does. My mate has one in his mk2 zetec fiesta and it works really well. Just a bar from the bulkhead to the block and one from the cross member to the block i think. Not looked that close at it tho

madanimal
16-06-06, 12:10 AM
Why dont you just fit a set of competition mounts from chris astley motorsport. Well worth it.

Stuart
16-06-06, 07:54 AM
erm because its cheaper to make a stabaliser kit as opposed to pimping someones company who isnt willing to pay advertising ;)

madanimal
16-06-06, 09:31 AM
I know he pays to advertise in many places, but his company is still in early days so all his money goes into new products e.t.c. at better prices than anybody else. He gives a lot to forums which is why he doesnt like to pay over the odds on advertising cause he contributes in a very positive way unlike most advertisers who dont give advice and interact on the forums e.t.c.

Stuart
16-06-06, 11:27 AM
whatever :roll:

craig green
16-06-06, 11:57 AM
Rob Fairbrother(s) old Astra GSi had a strut brace that bolted down to the top of his LET. I guess that would do the same.

not sure you need 300bhp tugging on the rocker cover tho. LOL

CG

madanimal
16-06-06, 12:51 PM
All you need is something similar to a mini has on the end of the cylinder head to the bukhead!