PDA

View Full Version : many of you lot got 2 cars?

SRlew
15-06-06, 05:20 PM
right iv got the SR as my every day'er at the moment, its still my first car etc, insurance gets renued in november, but iv just been out to look at a car.

well into the garden, my brothers xr2 actually.
not sure if i should get it and try and insure the 2 cars, cause you get 60% off a second car dont you? or just use the nova for track days, weekends, little blasts during the week or what ever, little things like that. and use the xr2 as an every day'er.

the nova is getting a new engine soon and it'll have carbs so even more of a reason to get a second car.

really not sure what to do, and what to do about insurance etc, ie do insure the both or just the one and then use the nova every now and then. but then id be negleting my baby!

you lot with 2 cars or not, just help me out :confused:

heres the car im thinking about lol
http://www.novaload.net/forum/showthread.php?t=64363
i posted it on here on behalf of my brother.

cheers, lew

dannyb
15-06-06, 05:38 PM
I have my Nova and my BMW 730i insured by my Dad, the original reason for having the Nova was to act as a cheap car to get the drive any other car policy to drive a hard to insure car, but I'm quite fond of the little beggar now, I drive it more than the BMW. Plus when your going to the shops, 35mpg round town is better than 16. Dont forget though, two lots of tax and MOTs to do a year adds up. If you're on a budget its hard to juggle this and a social life when you work all the hours God sends to go out and drive, and then you hardly drive either!! In my case it was cheaper (but still expensive wanting a thirsty German heap). Depends if you work full time or not and live away from parents home.

SRlew
15-06-06, 05:41 PM
well i work full time and im still at home with parent, might have to ring insurance and see how much it will cost.

gsi13
15-06-06, 05:48 PM
got two Just about to get third insurance is huge over three grand altogether.
car 1 nova gsi (standard)
car 2 wide arch 2 ltr nova on tb's
car 3 calibra 2 lt (lightly tweeked)
space is another thing
its your choice lots of fun in weekend car and normal daily driver or something in the middle.

cockney16v
15-06-06, 05:57 PM
got three cars
nova (going in for paint)
corsa sport
passat tdi(chipped)
all three cars only cost ?975
two through adrian flux(he gives discount for two cars and the stinky diesel through direct line

admiral and direct line give discounts if insuring more then one car

Jack
15-06-06, 06:00 PM
I had two Novas, the hatch was insured FC and cost me ?260 a year, whilst the Saloon was TPF&T and cost me ?360 a year - reason being I was using my NCB on the hatch (you can only use your NCB on one car at a time. Although Admiral and a couple others do MultiCar policies now, but they don't really look to save that much money).

It was very handy having two cars as I could split my mileage across them, and if the saloon broke down I could pull the hatch out and use that.

Cost was what made me sell up though, as said two lots of insurance, MOT and Tax got rather expensive - for the money I was spending on insurance for both I could insure the Celica and have a considerable amount of change. Not to mention no need to weld various bits for an MOT lol

I'm still tempted to get another second car now though as the mileage is racking up again, at the moment its a toss up between a 205 or a Nova... I'd want something with decent power as otherwise its going to feel like a tank after driving the Celica, and the 205 GTi is cheapo insurance compared to the Nova...

c'2.0lrt
15-06-06, 07:09 PM
yeah ive got two ma 2ltr nova and rover 214 as ma job is very messy and dont want to mess nova up,i make insurance easy by having them bout 6 months apart?along with mot and tax?

SRlew
15-06-06, 07:15 PM
yer thats what i was thinking of doing, having the mot etc in different times of the year.

Dan
15-06-06, 07:37 PM
i also have 3,

nova
v6 omega
new astra sri (although thats my family car)

sillynova
15-06-06, 07:41 PM
i got a 2ltr nova that comes out at weekends. and i got a 19d clio which i just broke the cam belt on. the i used to and from work daily. and i got a standard cav sri 2ltr redtop thats for sale. and im lookin at getting another clio as i ****ed 5 of the valves but thats life. the clio was ?15 off ebay and flew through the mot and im bidding on another but its ?50. and i got a traders policy as i buy and sell cars. so my insurance is ?913 f/c a yr

RJM25R
15-06-06, 08:21 PM
Get a job with a company car

Lee H
16-06-06, 09:03 AM
I've got two cars as well as when the Nova is done I doubt i'll be parking it in the work car park. Got the Celica GT-4 on classic car insurance and therefore it doesn't need any no claims on it. Costs me ?580 tpf&t for the Celica and ?700 tpf&t for the Nova so it does mount up.

burgo
16-06-06, 12:53 PM
ive got four and the use of the company car lol
1. 1.7td nova
2. gte nova
3. convertable nova
4. honda civic
company car. bright yellow hyundai amica :)

cornish
16-06-06, 02:34 PM
I've got four too!

Nova GSi
Fiat X1/9
R5 GTT
05 Plate Fiesta as a company car aswell!

Lee
16-06-06, 04:40 PM
Ive got the blue beasty, a white astravan and a MWB 55 plate transit.

Astravan may be making way for valver number two shortly, or maybe a LET. I need a nova for the road lol

ade
17-06-06, 10:19 AM
I've got 2 cars - a set ibiza and me nova thats off the road. Most insurers will cover both cars offering a 2nd car intro for one of them providing you meet their criteria for the 1st one - its good business!

Flux are excellent - LV used to be too (for some mods) but theyve moved focus recently to more sensible vehicles.

Shame - prices were very good.

nova---chris
17-06-06, 10:23 AM
i have 2 cars currently that are mine.

Nova
Omega elite

And i also have a Audi convertable v6 waiting to see day light ! (not currently on road)
:thumb:

Stoo
17-06-06, 01:17 PM
Ive got a few

Wide arched XE
GSi
DC5 Integra Type R
The Birds Cooper S Works
The Birds Cooper S Company Car

Soon to own an LET Nova too

stevei
17-06-06, 07:28 PM
DC5 Integra Type R...............good lad, lets see a pic!!!!

i've got:

Nova SR
306 D-Turbo
Fiesta Zetec-S

ste

Haynzee
17-06-06, 08:19 PM
I've got 5 motors, 4 of which don't work :roll:

Daily driver is a 1988 Mercedes 190, black, lowered, alpine etc, nice smooth ride , good for commuting, poor on fuel, huge insurance, but big pimping :thumb:

Stuff i'm "working" on when I get a minute, are all in various states of disrepair..

1976 Mini Clubman (20XE / Webers)
1968 Wolseley Hornet (998 A+)
1960 Ford Popular 100e (Rover 3.5 V8)
1992 Mini Cooper (1275 auto)

Soon to be putting the Cooper back on the road as the daily driver, so I can crack on with the other projects, instead of putting 50 quid a week into the merc's fuel tank. Mind you ive earned a few nectar points, will be the proud owner of my very own bottle of wine in a few months at this rate.

General Baxter
17-06-06, 08:28 PM
company car. bright yellow hyundai amica :)

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a191/baxters83/carphotos091.jpg
lol

SRlew
17-06-06, 09:11 PM
lol ^

only thing i dont think i could afford (thinking about it) will be the mot tax etc etc on the second car, so for the time being im just going to have to have a twin 40'd sr as the every dayer still,

might look into a van actually,
cheaper insurance?

cheers for the replys guys! lew

Stoo
18-06-06, 02:53 PM
As Requested

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/Novastyla/DSC00950.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/Novastyla/DSC00948.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/Novastyla/DSC00958.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/Novastyla/DSC00959.jpg

doherty
18-06-06, 04:29 PM
fluck me pink:eek: :eek:

gorgeousDC5 lad:thumb: :D

im dreading insurance time..

i currently have two cars an no licence:tard:

88 merc 190 E..
92 nova
daily driver when i get my licence will be 95 17td astra..

ive got quotes jus to see what rough prices id be payin.. an near died

for the astra on its own bog standard FC an me 20..cheapest ive got so far was ?4200 an the dearest ?4600:cry:

the nova will jus be TPF&T havent botherd with quotes for it yet..tho the 1L weedwacker should be cheaper and its a van;)

the merc that is jus a cheap ordament until im 25 lol