PDA

View Full Version : given up?

LUV2XLR8
15-06-06, 04:21 PM
does anyone every get soooo pist off with working on their cars that they wish theyd never even botherd.
could have saved the money ive spent on doing my cars up and bought a new car with no problems, im getting well pist off with my car now:mad:

Mike
15-06-06, 04:29 PM
i get every day. the money ive spent would have easily bough me a 06 plate corsa life fresh out the showroom!

JSeymour
15-06-06, 04:32 PM
erm.....you get problems with new cars too.

Mike
15-06-06, 04:33 PM
i know, but there under garantee and stuff! lol

and they have airbags!

LUV2XLR8
15-06-06, 05:04 PM
yep, take new ones to the garage under warenty.
this is the last one im working on. then im buying a japanise car, more reliable and im gona leave it standard :D

craig green
15-06-06, 05:10 PM
join the club mate.

best to have a cuppa & a rest. then get back at it with revived lateral thinking.

messing/restoring old cars was never easy. Its just worth it in the end when you get to stand back & listen to the praise.

SRlew
15-06-06, 05:13 PM
yer i always get like it mate, especialy if im in the middle of doing somthing to it!

but i feel loads better when iv finished the thing i was doing and it makes it all worth while. at the minute im loving my car!

i'll get this feeling again when i swap the engine but then when thats done i'll be loving it even more lol

novamadman
15-06-06, 06:02 PM
i dont get naffed off working on the car i get naffed off spending the money and then seeing a nova come up for sale for 3 grand with an unbelivable spec that i could only dream of - yet and all ive spent more on my 1200??? :tard:

doesnt make sense

ah well lol

shane

Jack
15-06-06, 06:02 PM
I did... so sold them lol

this is the last one im working on. then im buying a japanise car, more reliable and im gona leave it standard :D
ROFL yeah, I remember saying exactly that about 18 months ago.... lmfao lol

Stuart
15-06-06, 06:09 PM
im buying a japanise car, more reliable and im gona leave it standard :D

ill have ?20 says its not reliable and or you DO mod it ;)

LUV2XLR8
15-06-06, 06:18 PM
pulsa gti-r no need for mods lol. oh and my sisters litle nissan micra, almost 200,000 miles on it never faild an mot! shame its a micra tho :(

the thing thats getting up my **** at the mo is the fecking springs, ive changed one struts spring and now im doing the second one the grips are not gripping the shaft so everything is turning :(

Jack
15-06-06, 07:03 PM
pulsa gti-r no need for mods lol
Very much the opposite actually - anyone who buys a GTi-R and leaves the standard cheese brakes on it is asking for death.

Can't say I've had any trouble with my Celica though, bar the gay gearchange - but thats probably more due to the place I bought it from using Bodgit & Runs to do the clutch on the cheap. Compared to my mates 306's, my Novas and even my dad's old Golf its been flawless.

LUV2XLR8
15-06-06, 11:46 PM
yep, i was thinking of an import from japan, they treat their cars well over there, well as far a i know

Jack
16-06-06, 01:34 AM
Imports can be a lot of bother though, insurance premiums can be as much as triple the UK versions (I had a quote for a UK Supra @ ?640, but the Import version was ?1900, same for Evos, GTOs, Pulsars, etc. Galants seemed to be Ok though...), and in some cases parts can be a pain to get hold of - and if you do get the parts, some garages may refuse to fit them. For example, Toyota Insurance doesn't touch imported GT4s, and I know a bunch of dealers which refuse to work on them even though there's naff all difference between a UK and JDM spec model!

Then there's the import conversions, SVA, modifications to suit the UK roads etc - not so bad if you can get a company to do it all for you as part of the import process but if you buy an existing import you need guarantees its all legit and done properly. Service history is non-existant at best for imports, and if there is any its either in random japanese or totally made up! Come to think of it the mileages are alwasy suspicious... I always found it odd how most imports seem to be 68k lol

If you can put up with all that then yeah they tend to be in better condition, lower mileage, have more toys, etc

sickrabbit
16-06-06, 02:52 AM
Thats the one thing that finally made my mind up to let my nova go... MONEY . It looked fine but in reality was costin a bomb to keep it lookin that way. Of course , having all the bits sorted ( namely rust - damn stuff ) and resprayed could have been an option , but in the long of it , dosh was the deciding factor , so a different car was purchased .For me , it also made better sense to have a bigger car ... I now drive a cavalier 1.8 i , comfort is brilliant ,but , it aint half the fun to drive as the old Nova.....

Hope its new owners lookin after it ...

Its a personal choice ...in the end patience will give out .....maybe try to get a another Nova ?

Mike
16-06-06, 08:40 AM
I always found it odd how most imports seem to be 68k lol

FACT: in japan after cars go over 60k khm they either scrap them or sell them to the UK importers! :thumb: as there transport regulations have some weird law! :confused:

Matt2107
16-06-06, 12:53 PM
I get naffed off and wonder whether I should look for a super touring Veccy.