PDA

View Full Version : I'm swimming in the rain

Anonymous
24-01-01, 05:33 PM
Argh! I have just come back from holiday (lovely 28*C) and come back to it bloody slinging it down to find a small but not insignificant puddle of water in my car, as it had done this before (and my previous nova too) I assumed it was caused by losing the seal after I fitted my car alarm or electric windows so i sealed around the hole in the bulkhead that the alarm goes through but it's done it again! is there any drainage holes in the inner wing under the battery tray and could it be getting in here, or does water run dow nthe inside of the door and get through the hole that the wires for the central door locking go through, I have felt the soundproofing up the front wheel arch and it feels dry (it may have dried off though) and it is only the bottom two inches that are wet. I really can see all this water getting in a small hole two inches up the bulkhead from the battery tray so where is it comming from, please help me!

Anonymous
24-01-01, 05:52 PM
it will be battery tray rotten or heater matrix

Anonymous
24-01-01, 07:54 PM
Yep, probly under ur battery m8. Jus take it out then weld a plate, or fibreglass a patch for it!! i use fibreglass and its much easier + cheaper!!

Dicko

Anonymous
24-01-01, 08:17 PM
ive had 3 novas and all of em have done it.the one ive got now i decided enough was enough so i completely striped out the interior, absolutley everything to finf this bastad hole.i sealed everycrack i could find in the bulkhead and on the ineer wings.i put the interior back in and was well chuffed.until it raind the next day and got wet again!!so as i was pissed of with gettin wet carpets all the time i decided to strip out the hole car and go rally style.it still leaks but at least it dont smell of mould.plus it now looks wicked with buckets harnesses and a cage!!

Anonymous
25-01-01, 12:56 PM
I had to battery tray out last night and it seems fine, but there is a small rectangle of something about 5" x 8" before the drainage hole, is that supposed to be there?

Anonymous
25-01-01, 08:50 PM
Mine does it too... coming in as it went down drainage holes on the drivers side, had to run hose pipe down drainage hole and seal it around at the battery tray so now water runs through a piece of hose pipe instead of the drainage hole... Ingenius!